Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: OT: Penn State's ice hockey program

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer View Post
    Hot is hot no matter how you cut it. All about the Job for us.
    trust me, that I understand.

Where is PA did the wife head? Take it she's a prof of some sort?

That or a football coach and she's been waiting for Joe Pa to retire :)
    Science does not suffer fools well, but it does make fools suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by bmp1 View Post
    trust me, that I understand.

Where is PA did the wife head? Take it she's a prof of some sort?

That or a football coach and she's been waiting for Joe Pa to retire :)
    Not quite a Football coach But a PSU'er none the less. She is bounciing around the PSU branch campuses in the Eastern portion of the state right now. Will likely end at one of the 3 Philly area campuses. Brandywine, Abington or Great Valley. The Guy she waiting for to retire isn't much younger than JoPa and just as likely not to retire any time soon so she will bide her time in the minors. :D

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    I don't know how you can live in Orlando anyway. The only draw to Florida for me is the ocean and Orlando is smack, dab right in the middle of Florida. Being in the middle of the state, I think I would literally melt in the summer time there.

But I can't talk really, considering that I live in Atlanta.
    A 45 minute drive to the water is nothing. Like living in the Philly area, relative to the Jersey Shore.
    Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

5 years into existence they have won the Big Ten tournament and made the NCAA tourney.

They play Union on Saturday at 4:30.

I doubt they go very far this year, but they are set up pretty well for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief32 View Post
    5 years into existence they have won the Big Ten tournament and made the NCAA tourney.

I doubt they go very far this year, but they are set up pretty well for the next few years.
    If they win they will likely play Denver the #1 team in the NCAA. Would love to see that matchup. I've seen Denver play a few times this season...sure they have talent but who knows how that stacks up to the rest of the field.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief32 View Post

Really just incredible.
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

and let's not forget a wrestling program that is now on par with iowa........
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

“I don’t know if it was food poisoning or flu or what,” Richards said. “I just didn’t feel very well.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood2001 View Post
    National Champions. I really enjoyed watching some of it last week.

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood2001 View Post
    Its surpassed Iowa & everyone else.... 6 national championships in the last 7 years including this year. Sanderson has created a wrestling dynasty in State College. Add that to the Volleyball program and with the upcoming Hockey program and Penn St has a top notch athletic program across the board. And football is getting better and recovering from the sanctions. A lot great athletes in PA and surrounding areas.

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall plan View Post
    National Champions. I really enjoyed watching some of it last week.
    So did I..... its a pure sport. All about hard work and discipline.... Kyle Snyder is a machine.