Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Trade Deadline and Offseason Plans - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trade Deadline and Offseason Plans

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overbrook View Post
    “I do think that the Edmonton Oilers are going to move Cam Talbot, probably today or tomorrow,” indicated Dreger. “They’re still in a bit of a holding pattern, as I tweeted out, with the Philadelphia Flyers, so there’s no guarantee that they’re going to be able to get something done and close on this deal, but the indications are that it’s more likely than not. And Anthony Stolarz, whose contract expires - he’s a restricted free agent at the end of the year, is likely part of what would come back the other way.

-Dreger
    Part of? I'd give them Stolarz or Elliott, or both if they want them, but for taking Talbot back so they can become compliant I wouldn't give them one damn other thing. Talbot isn't that great and he wont even ever be the #1 goalie in Philly as long as Hart is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    Part of? I'd give them Stolarz or Elliott, or both if they want them, but for taking Talbot back so they can become compliant I wouldn't give them one damn other thing. Talbot isn't that great and he wont even ever be the #1 goalie in Philly as long as Hart is healthy.
    agreed...the Flyers aren't going anywhere this year and shouldn't give up anything to acquire Talbot....it doesn't help the Flyers nearly as much as it helps the Oilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Stolarz hasn't done anything to get any decent return and has had a bad recent injury history. Puljarjarvi hasn't done much but he's 20...if you can get him cheap why wouldn't you take a shot at him? I certainly wouldn't give anything much of value .
    He has not done shit during his career, period. At least Stolarz has played well at the NHL level in a position much needed in the NHL.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Honestly I'd be pissed if they did Stolarz for Talbot straight up. That helps the Oilers and they end up with the player with better upside. Fletcher better get more back. If it's Elliot, I'm fine with a one for one.

Apparently McKenzie was on TSN Radio and speculated that part of the holdup is compensation if Talbot re-signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    He has not done shit during his career, period. At least Stolarz has played well at the NHL level in a position much needed in the NHL.
    Stolarz is Jordan Weal of 2017. He has strung together a few good games in a dead season and all the fans think he’s actually some kind of NHL talent all of a sudden. He’s an injury waiting to happen and whether he stays or goes is absolutely meaningless as far as the team’s future success.

Quote Originally Posted by Poulin228 View Post
    Stolarz is Jordan Weal of 2017. He has strung together a few good games in a dead season and all the fans think he’s actually some kind of NHL talent all of a sudden. He’s an injury waiting to happen and whether he stays or goes is absolutely meaningless as far as the team’s future success.
    Great post. I wanted him to work out but his time is up.

The cartilage and knee issues with Stolarz are a legitimate concern.