Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Scott Gordan - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scott Gordan

West of the Jordan, east of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    I see that a lot about Quenneville. Except, that's not how he won his cup in 2010. The fact he relied on those same guys in later years to his detriment more shows some stubborn loyalty than reliance on veterans.

Quenneville is an exceptional coach. As for Gordon, I wouldn't bring him back. He's playing the kids more (great) and has made some logical changes to the lineup and systems - but this team changed when Carter Hart arrived, not Scott Gordon.
    Exactly. Fletcher has implemented some basic personnel changes, and Gordon has done well with pulling the lineup together, but the goalies have been the big difference. I think Gordon's presence had helped some of the young guys along, but that's about it.
    "Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content." - Bob Dylan

The coaching staff needs a full turnover to get the most out of what they have on the roster, everyone gets a fresh start with some fresh eyes to make some changes.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Jason Myrtetus‏ @jasonmyrt 18h18 hours ago More

• Copy link to Tweet
    • Embed Tweet

Replying to @Larshif
    I believe the team wants the BIG name coach. Like Quennville. If they can land him or a big name they will. If not, perhaps Gordon gets the gig. Gordon will come out to this well because he has risen his stock. He is a good coach.

Not surprising if true. They are a big market team and can afford to do it so why not? Plus they already have a relationship. No reason to overthink this.

I don't know how good a source he is, but I know he does do in-between period interviews for 97.5.

I thought Gordon was on the record for saying he did not want to coach in the NHL, don't remember where I heard this but I thought it had been mentioned. IMHO GOrdon would be a great coach to help the kids coming from Juniors or College to transition to the NHL by playing with the Phantoms. The players and the organization as a whole needs a legit coach, a coach who is going to be respected and not a puppet.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    I see that a lot about Quenneville. Except, that's not how he won his cup in 2010. The fact he relied on those same guys in later years to his detriment more shows some stubborn loyalty than reliance on veterans.

Quenneville is an exceptional coach. As for Gordon, I wouldn't bring him back. He's playing the kids more (great) and has made some logical changes to the lineup and systems - but this team changed when Carter Hart arrived, not Scott Gordon.
    100% agree.

Q can clearly see this roster and why it’s going to be. If wants a veteran team he won’t come here.

I mean, he's a breath of fresh air so far. But this is after dealing with Berube and Hakstol.....so pretty much anyone will look good after that garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperz25 View Post
    So even Eric Lindros thinks you're a fucking tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    JVR can eat the peanuts out of my shit.