Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
GDT 1/12 @1pm: Flyers @ Devils - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GDT 1/12 @1pm: Flyers @ Devils

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTJMcG View Post
    That's not what I'm talking about. Here's the quote:

Gudas and Hagg were and will always be low scoring defencemen. Why is he trying to compare them to a "FORWARD"? It makes no sense. A better comparison would be to Lindblom who,from the way some on the board sounded,Was going to come in and re-write all of Greztky's records.
    Exactly, Gudas and Hagg are low scoring defensemen. And Patrick can't even outscore them despite playing about 3/4 of the season at 2nd line center, frequently with the team's #2 scorer on his wing (Voracek).

You don't think it's a problem to have a 2nd line center who can't even out-point two low scoring defensemen? I do. I also mentioned that Patrick hasn't been able to outpoint Dale Weise. But DS8 thinks Patrick deserves to play on a scoring line over the Flyers' top goal scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Exactly, Gudas and Hagg are low scoring defensemen. And Patrick can't even outscore them despite playing about 3/4 of the season at 2nd line center, frequently with the team's #2 scorer on his wing (Voracek).

You don't think it's a problem to have a 2nd line center who can't even out-point two low scoring defensemen? I do. I also mentioned that Patrick hasn't been able to outpoint Dale Weise. But DS8 thinks Patrick deserves to play on a scoring line over the Flyers' top goal scorer.
    Your trying to fit the argument to your needs. Nowhere on earth is anyone comparing point production to defensemen like Hagg and Gudas to forwards. Had you said Weise,Lindblom,Laughton.Then yes,their forwards who couldn't score in a freakin monkey whorehouse with a bag of bananas.And Lindblom was,according to some on the board,going to be the "Steal" of the 2014 draft.Hagg and Gudas aren't being paid to supply offense.

Your trying to fit the argument to your needs. Nowhere on earth is anyone comparing point production to defensemen like Hagg and Gudas to forwards. Had you said Weise,Lindblom,Laughton.Then yes,their forwards who couldn't score in a freakin monkey whorehouse with a bag of bananas.And Lindblom was,according to some on the board,going to be the "Steal" of the 2014 draft.Hagg and Gudas aren't being paid to supply offense.
    So you don't think it's a problem to have a second line center who can't outscore low-scoring defensemen, because you can't compare forwards and defensemen. Lmao. Flawless logic.

You make no sense. Patrick is producing at a lower clip than defensive defenceman. That’s an issue.

That's not what I'm talking about. Here's the quote:

Gudas and Hagg were and will always be low scoring defencemen. Why is he trying to compare them to a "FORWARD"? It makes no sense. A better comparison would be to Lindblom who,from the way some on the board sounded,Was going to come in and re-write all of Greztky's records.
    Back at you.....I am saying play Linblom and Patrick together, they have had success in the past. Lindblom and Patrick have played lesser roles and thus why they have not had success playing with lesser talent.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

And you think Couturier can be the savior, good for you....team still playing a 1-2-2 which suits Couturier who cannot skate.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    And you think Couturier can be the savior, good for you....team still playing a 1-2-2 which suits Couturier who cannot skate.
    Savior? I have made one argument in this thread:

That the team's leading goal scorer (Couturier) should not be demoted from 2C and replaced with Patrick, who has been unable to even outpoint defensive defensemen like Hagg and Gudas, and no-skill depth forwards like Weise, even though he already had a chance to play 2C for about 75% of the first half of the season, in which he spent a significant amount of time with the team's #2 scorer (Voracek) on his wing.
    Last edited by TherienLiesTheProblem; 01-13-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Everyone here is correct aside from DS8. Patrick stinks.

Also, so does Lindblom.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    You make no sense. Patrick is producing at a lower clip than defensive defenceman. That’s an issue.
    And what are those defensemen being paid to do? Score points or play defense? Lindblom is scoring on a par with them,And like I said the fanbois on this board would tell you he was the steal of the draft. And if your going to use that as a measuring stick,then Gostisbehere must really suck because he not putting up the points that Giroux is.

Lindblom also stinks and also does not belong on a top 2 line. They probably should look to trade him.

I'd look to trade Ghost, as well. He probably has good trade value, and may be the best way to really shake up this roster with a good immediate return. He is nowhere near the player he used to be and is an absolute liability defensively, particularly with turnovers.