Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
dagwood2001 productions proudly presents your 1/8/19 caps at flyers GDT - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: dagwood2001 productions proudly presents your 1/8/19 caps at flyers GDT

Both of those guy had the ability to crash the net and rebound and create chaos. Guess what. Couturier, JVR, Patrick etc do not provide that threat at all. It's not just about the set pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    It's sad watching FLiP's and Dag's hockey knowledge going over the heads of the hockey NPC's of the board.
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

It gets tiring.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.

Anybody forced to watch the DC feed catch May’s comments on fighting? Pretty amusing, he’s clearly not on board with the nu nhl. They laughed at the dsp/gudas tilt, said not a fight, should have been 2 and 4 for roughing.

Also said that Stewart, if he “didn’t like the fight”, would hand out roughing minors then let them go at it again once out of the box. Not sure how true that actually was, but it does seem plausible, since just about every game he called ( koharski too for that matter) would usually end up getting fairly wild.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Gee, I wonder why his play has dropped off? Maybe it's because every year prior he had another power forward in front of the net with him, such as Hartnell and Schenn.

Dont worry, Couturier will be fine there. Err I mean JVR, err I mean Couturier, Well maybe Patrick.

Here comes TCNow and Banger to tell us how the PP isn't actually suffering without the net presence.
    Funny, I don't remember Schenn or Hartnell on the team last year when they had a 20% PP. It's at 13% currently with the same guys.

I'm not saying Simmonds is the only problem, gostisbehere has been terrible, voracek is in an off year, and couturier still isn't a threat from the slot. But simmonds used to be deadly around the crease, and now he just isn't.
    Couldn't care less

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyB View Post
    Funny, I don't remember Schenn or Hartnell on the team last year when they had a 20% PP. It's at 13% currently with the same guys.

I'm not saying Simmonds is the only problem, gostisbehere has been terrible, voracek is in an off year, and couturier still isn't a threat from the slot. But simmonds used to be deadly around the crease, and now he just isn't.

You should acknowledge that 20% the last two years isn't what was 3 years ago either. 23% was the top of the NHL. Now it's 30.

It gets tiring.
    yes, but there's also a humorous component to it watching the same group of idiots say the same stupid stuff over and over again and never being right.

"ze plan" was bullshit was called in hextall's first year and i was crushed here. i'd hope someday they would learn, but i doubt it. well, maybe some did, 5 years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

“I don’t know if it was food poisoning or flu or what,” Richards said. “I just didn’t feel very well.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

You should acknowledge that 20% the last two years isn't what was 3 years ago either. 23% was the top of the NHL. Now it's 30.
    Acknowledged. Also fair to note that since 2011 the flyers have consistently been above or at the league average for PP% (which has risen from 17ish% to 20% in that time span).

Year to date league average is 20%, flyers are 13%.

None of that changes the fact that the flyers are much worse on the PP this year than last year, with the same guys.
    Couldn't care less

Nope. Banger, TCNow, TILTP etc all claiming the plan has gotten the Flyers to top status.