Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
What should Fletcher do? Go for it? Tank? Stay the course? - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What should Fletcher do? Go for it? Tank? Stay the course?

Who/what would you want in return if you trade Simmonds to Toronto?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartnell's_Glove View Post
    Who/what would you want in return if you trade Simmonds to Toronto?
    I doubt you are going to get a significant roster player back but I could see maybe someone like Connor Brown (24) or Zach Hyman (26)+ prospect and/or pick. Brown is 24, scored 20 and 14 goals...only has 3 this year...can skate and believe he's a good PKer.

I'd love to get Kapanen...he looks like he could be a player and he's super fast and he's 22. I'd do it straight up for him.

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post
    Fletcher is just itching to do something

I can't wait to see what the reaction is here
    He did

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flye...rs/c-302856346

Flyers Name Brent Flahr Vice President & Assistant General Manager

by PhiladelphiaFlyers.com @nhlflyers
    “I will be honest with you. It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues that they are satisfied with 128 characters." R Tillerson

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I doubt you are going to get a significant roster player back but I could see maybe someone like Connor Brown (24) or Zach Hyman (26)+ prospect and/or pick. Brown is 24, scored 20 and 14 goals...only has 3 this year...can skate and believe he's a good PKer.

I'd love to get Kapanen...he looks like he could be a player and he's super fast and he's 22. I'd do it straight up for him.
    Would they tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Would they tho?

ha, we'll see...

more of a re-hash from Rutherford:

The scuttle-buck that I’ve heard is that a couple general managers around the league have said that they’re hearing the big names are on the block. Everything’s open. Even Vladimir Tarasenko. A GM said, ‘I heard Vladdy’s available.’

From Bob Mac:

“If you’re a fan of trade talk, then Christmas comes early for you,” began McKenzie. “Doesn’t guarantee there’s going to be a rash of trades between now and the December 19 roster freeze, but it does mean that there’s been a lot more talk in this month of December than ever before.
    “The GMs I’ve talked to this week say it’s been somewhat unprecedented, and most people point to the fact that the Los Angeles Kings, the Chicago Blackhawks, the St. Louis Blues, and the Philadelphia Flyers are having really disappointing seasons and are really open for business on a lot of different fronts.”

I hope they tank for Hughes, it's for the best.

This season is lost IMO, but a competent GM (i.e., not St. Fraud) should be able to turn things around pretty quickly, especially if the majority of the young players hit. Fletcher has a lot of assets to work with...........

Rookie
    At this point might as hit the bottom; a high draft pick will be more useful than a first round exit or missing the playoffs by 5 points.

By summer I expect/hope they fire Hakstol, get 2 new goalies, veteran blueliner and give the young prospects a true shot at making the roster.