Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Expansion Draft in 2021 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expansion Draft in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bmp1 View Post
    I don't know if it counts towards revenue for salary cap purposes. But it does go into the owners', all 31 of them, pockets.
    Bettman doesn't get a commision, he just gets to keep his job.
    The days of a commisioner with real power are long gone, in any sport. The owners call the shots. They sit on the committees, they vote on the executives and the rules.

Get over yourself, it's a business, he's the President, he runs day to day operations, the real power is with the board of directors and the CEO - board chairman.
    So Bettman is a puppet and he gets paid by the owners who decide to keep him or not, he gets paid to deliver the message. Kind of how the Flyer operate, business dictates how the game is played.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Going to be great to lose a young D for nothin
    Who knows if they'll develop anyway and if Seattle would take a ddfenseman.

Maybe the Flyers can expose Gritty.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    Maybe the Flyers can expose Gritty.
    He has a NMC so he has to be protected

Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    Who knows if they'll develop anyway and if Seattle would take a ddfenseman.
    Its two and a half years away. If the defensemen develop, they may chose just to protect 4 forwards instead. No real reason to hang onto guys like Voracek and JVR at that point and so far the only young forwards worth protecting are Patrick and Konecny. Add Couturier and Giroux, a must protect because of a NMC, and that takes care of any forward worth a damn on this team. There is also no guarantee that Giroux will be here in 2 1/2 years.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    There will be veterans with shitty contracts that can be exposed, I have no doubt of that especially with this GM.

Rookie
    Don't forget the lockout is happening around then also...

You can also workout trade(s) with Seattle not to take additional players.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafSittler View Post
    Let me tell you why I know more. It's not because I'm Canadian. It's because I played 3 years in the OHL and played for the Memorial Cup. It's because I played 2 years in the AHL and if not for a bum knee, I might have gotten my shot at the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by revdon64 View Post
    I don't say stuff like this, but if I got a hold of you right now I'd probably bash your head into the stone floor until it burst like an overripe melon. In the future you're welcome to keep your fuck ed up opinions to yourself.

I'd be quite surprised if the owners locked out the players the same year another expansion team is added......

Then again, both the owners and NHLPA have shown plenty of instances of pure blind stupidity in the past, so it'll probably happen...........

Just saw an article from The Score predicting how things would shake out in the Metro. I thought it was happening sooner, but 2021 is really far away in the NHL. They had Myers being picked by Seattle. At least it's far enough away that the team will know what they have in each player, a lot will change between now and then.

They had Voracek and Rostov protected. At that point, letting Voracek go won't be much of an issue, he'll be what, 30 or 31?

Here's the article if anyone is interested: https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/16...on-lists-picks