Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
2018-19 Flyers Prospect ranking - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Flyers Prospect ranking

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    You will probably see

Gostisbehere Giroux

Voracek, Simmonds, JVR

Giroux and Voracek distribute. Gostisbehere and JVR Shooting. Simmonds cleaning up in front and digging for pucks.
    Yup. JVR should take that position in the slot that Schenn had and Hartnell had before him ... taking feeds from Giroux.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Left Boards - Low Slot - High Slot - Left D -Right D
    PP1
    Giroux - Simmonds - JVR - Ghost - Voracek
    PP2
    Konecny - Patrick - Couterier (Maybe lindblom?) Provorov - Sanheim

Would be my guess
    This seems most likely to me. Though I’d say the person Lindblom is competing with is Sanheim on the right wall.
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum
    Possibly. I certainly don't think Sanheim or Lindblom have done anything to lock down either spot.

Could move couturier to the rt side wall and lindblom to the high slot on pp2.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Could move couturier to the rt side wall and lindblom to the high slot on pp2.

If C00ts is going to play on any PP it should be in front of the net, he is not a sniper or playmaker, he can fill the crease with a big body and clean up the garbage.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Couturier can distribute the puck intelligently and get back defensively. You don’t want to be giving up shorthanded goals, especially on PP2. If you are using 4 forwards then he can be a responsible V light, if you will. It’s not like V has that great of a shot. He gets the puck in and distributes, like a center would.

Lindblom actually played the high slot position in the SHL so he seems a logical option there. At least give him a look. He is most effective in front getting tips/rebounds. He wouldn’t be a good option on the half wall IMO. Keeps him away from the net mouth. Use Couturier or Sanheim there instead.

Patrick looked good on PP1 last year, & could easily play 3 different positions if any injuries dictate.

All Star
    Couturier is the best Flyer at winning puck battles and puck retrieval and its not even close - that makes him very useful on the PP. He thwarts a large number of clearing attempts, which is critical to sustained pressure and so many PP goal, even when he is not directly involved.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved off PP1, but I also suspect the PP units will show more personnel variance this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Couturier can distribute the puck intelligently and get back defensively. You don’t want to be giving up shorthanded goals, especially on PP2. If you are using 4 forwards then he can be a responsible V light, if you will. It’s not like V has that great of a shot. He gets the puck in and distributes, like a center would.

Lindblom actually played the high slot position in the SHL so he seems a logical option there. At least give him a look. He is most effective in front getting tips/rebounds. He wouldn’t be a good option on the half wall IMO. Keeps him away from the net mouth. Use Couturier or Sanheim there instead.
    Not a bad point. If they decide to use Lindblom on PP2 instead of Sanheim, then it might be worth playing Couturier on the right wall and having Lindblom play the high slot.
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by TCNow View Post
    Couturier is the best Flyer at winning puck battles and puck retrieval and its not even close - that makes him very useful on the PP. He thwarts a large number of clearing attempts, which is critical to sustained pressure and so many PP goal, even when he is not directly involved.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved off PP1, but I also suspect the PP units will show more personnel variance this year.

Sounds like a guy you want killing penalties.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.