Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Flyers Prospect ranking

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    as far as PP units it depends on where JVR slots in but you may have a first unit of

PP1
    G-V-Couturier-JVR-Gost

PP2
    Patrick-Simmonds-Konecny-Provorov-Sanheim/Lindblom?

I would guess if they want to go 4 forwards they'll pop Lindblom on the 2nd unit, if they want to go 2 dmen then he's likely out and Sanheim is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I sincerely doubt that they pull Simmonds off of PP 1. I think Couturier or Voracek would get bumped. Simmonds is the best PP scorer on the team.
    Patrick should be on the PP1, let C00ts play more PK minutes.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

You will probably see

Gostisbehere Giroux

Voracek, Simmonds, JVR

Giroux and Voracek distribute. Gostisbehere and JVR Shooting. Simmonds cleaning up in front and digging for pucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

I sincerely doubt that they pull Simmonds off of PP 1. I think Couturier or Voracek would get bumped. Simmonds is the best PP scorer on the team.
    JVR has good hands and net front as well but either way one of them will be on PP1 the other on PP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    JVR has good hands and net front as well but either way one of them will be on PP1 the other on PP2.

And you know that how?

Couturier only scored 14 points on the PP last season. He's not really that great of a PP Player. 17 for Simmonds in an injury ridden down year. 20 for JVR. 36 for Giroux 35 for voracek.

They are not going to Weaken PP 1 at the expense of PP 2. If they did, that would be a mistake.

If I had to guess

Couturier Patrick Konecney are on the second PP Unit and it is greatly improved from the year before. Provorov runs unit 2.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.

And you know that how?

Couturier only scored 14 points on the PP last season. He's not really that great of a PP Player. 17 for Simmonds in an injury ridden down year. 20 for JVR. 36 for Giroux 35 for voracek.

They are not going to Weaken PP 1 at the expense of PP 2. If they did, that would be a mistake.

If I had to guess

Couturier Patrick Konecney are on the second PP Unit and it is greatly improved from the year before. Provorov runs unit 2.
    ok, whatever....there's a new player added to the mix which will impact both of the PP units...whether it's Simmonds/Couturier on unit 1 or 2 I don't really care....the PP came up in context of Lindblom and whether or not he'll be on the 2nd unit. The way I see it if they use 4 forwards Lindblom will likely be on it, if they use 2 dmen he won't. I'd probably lean to putting 2 dmen on PP2 (Sanheim / Provorov) and then 3 forwards.

the good thing is that they've added a player that will give them more depth on PP2 which they need to improve...it was pretty dismal last year.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    C00ts
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

Anyway, If we are combining the ceiling and likely-hood of success

Frost
    Hart
    Lindblom

They're the clear top 3 in that order.

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum
    Left Boards - Low Slot - High Slot - Left D -Right D
    PP1
    Giroux - Simmonds - JVR - Ghost - Voracek
    PP2
    Konecny - Patrick - Couterier (Maybe lindblom?) Provorov - Sanheim

Would be my guess

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum
    They spent all last season trying to replace Schenn in the high slot. Couterier didn't get it done. They didn't sign JVR to replace a strength in Simmonds. Plus, if you look at their PP set up, there's only certain spots players can go based on handedness. Left boards, the giroux spot, has to be a righty, and high slot and left D have to be lefties to take the pass from giroux. RD probably should be a lefty, low slot doesn't really matter. If you keep those factors in mind, you can piece together where everyone fits.