Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G Alex Lyon re-signed for 2 years

George B., Double Trouble Schlonger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    Honestly, though, can Saint Ronnie seriously think this team is better than last year, given the goalie situation?

Elliott is coming off a significant injury, Neuvirth will get injured the first day of camp, Lyon looks like a journeyman, and Stolarz, who knows?

Personally, I'm about ready to say "fuck it" and throw Carter Hart to the wolves. It didn't ruin Fluery or Barrasso, so roll the dice................
    yeah, but it did to DiPietro. I say stay the course, let Hart prove he can take it. Don’t rush him and if he can handle it, then give him the reins. Just don’t force it as the Flyers have a great goalie in the making that they haven't had for years.
    "I've done.....unbelieveable things....in the name of a faith that was never my own...."

“… Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government …”

“They may torture my body, break my bones, even kill me. Then they will have my dead body, but not my obedience.”

IIRC DiPietro's main problem was that he was more fragile than Neuvirth, if that's even possible...................he had the ability.............

Honestly, if Hart has a good camp, he may actually be the best option come October.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum
    Hart's going to play until at least january in the AHL. If Elliot and Neuvirth stay true to form, he might get a shot in the second half of the year as an injury replacement. There is zero chance they throw him right in at the NHL level though.

I wouldn't say zero. If he comes to camp and just dominates, they wont be able to say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

ya, goalie like no other position, all that matters is stopping the puck. Hart is incredibly focused, driven, confident and talented. It's unlikely that he'd earn a spot out of camp but given his level of success and record breaking start to his career he's not your normal 20 year old. He's got the pedigree to indicate that if he has a "hot" camp that it may be that he's just that good. Listening to some of his quotes, he has every intention of trying to make the team. Keeping the puck out of the net is all that matters and if he can do that better than any of the other goalies it'll make their decision more difficult.

If he lives up to his billing the Flyers are a completely different team this year.

Like buyers at the deadline and can make a run.

If not, and they end up with Lyon, Neuvirth and Elliot. Bubble team and disappointment. The season really hinges on him.

Great goaltending can makeup for mistakes that Gositisbehere and Sanheim make as they continue to figure out how to play that end of the ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    If he lives up to his billing the Flyers are a completely different team this year.

Like buyers at the deadline and can make a run.

If not, and they end up with Lyon, Neuvirth and Elliot. Bubble team and disappointment. The season really hinges on him.

Great goaltending can makeup for mistakes that Gositisbehere and Sanheim make as they continue to figure out how to play that end of the ice.
    going into the off season I thought the checklist items to improve upon were:

- goal tending
    - scoring depth
    - PK improvement

now good goal tending will also improve the PK so they go hand in hand a bit. You're right...goal tending can be a game changer....look at what Murray did for the Pens when we was called up. One or two big saves a game changes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I wouldn't say zero. If he comes to camp and just dominates, they wont be able to say no.
    It's highly unlikely he stays with the Flyers. But you're correct, if he plays lights out, they will be forced to keep him.

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum
    He is Phantoms eligible this year right? doesn't have to go back to Juniors? I ask because my previous post was based on the assumption they could call him up mid-season. If that's the case, I stand by my statement, no way he starts with the Flyers.

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    ya, goalie like no other position, all that matters is stopping the puck. Hart is incredibly focused, driven, confident and talented. It's unlikely that he'd earn a spot out of camp but given his level of success and record breaking start to his career he's not your normal 20 year old. He's got the pedigree to indicate that if he has a "hot" camp that it may be that he's just that good. Listening to some of his quotes, he has every intention of trying to make the team. Keeping the puck out of the net is all that matters and if he can do that better than any of the other goalies it'll make their decision more difficult.
    It would worry me more if he didn't feel that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.