Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
G Alex Lyon re-signed for 2 years - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: G Alex Lyon re-signed for 2 years

Again, Hextall has said this several times this offseason. He would rather have too many goalies than too few. Its obvious he realizes the fragility of Neuvirth and the injury to Stolarz. He's not gonna run into the Mrazek situation like last year should it happen again.
    “We don’t rebuild, we retool.”- Ed Snider

"Peter Forsbag"- Ed Snider

Gut feeling he ends up being the starting goalie assuming hexy doesnt make a trade or fa signing.

George B., Double Trouble Schlonger's Avatar
    Good signing, worth the depth.

Hart is still two years out from possibly taking the starting role on the Flyers, these are keeping the crease warm signings.
    "I've done.....unbelieveable things....in the name of a faith that was never my own...."

“… Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government …”

“They may torture my body, break my bones, even kill me. Then they will have my dead body, but not my obedience.”

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    He isn’t better than glass joe. He will be waived if the other 2 are healthy. Can’t see them carrying 3 goalies

If all 5 are healthy and still here in October one will be loaned out unless tmhey start stolarz in the echl to get time
    Hextall said in an interview which I cannot find that if they have all 5 when camp ends 3 will be at LV. Also that he would look at a trade offer "if it made sense".

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    Hextall said in an interview which I cannot find that if they have all 5 when camp ends 3 will be at LV. Also that he would look at a trade offer "if it made sense".
    problem is, nothing hextall does when it comes to trades "makes sense".
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

“I don’t know if it was food poisoning or flu or what,” Richards said. “I just didn’t feel very well.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

Cap Friendly has the two year contract at 750K/year.

Good deal, lit it up in the playoffs for the Phantoms.

I have no problem with stolarz getting his timing back in reading for a while. Quick played in the echl and he turned out ok. Plus with the inevitable injuries he won't be down there long.

Honestly, though, can Saint Ronnie seriously think this team is better than last year, given the goalie situation?

Elliott is coming off a significant injury, Neuvirth will get injured the first day of camp, Lyon looks like a journeyman, and Stolarz, who knows?

Personally, I'm about ready to say "fuck it" and throw Carter Hart to the wolves. It didn't ruin Fluery or Barrasso, so roll the dice................
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    Honestly, though, can Saint Ronnie seriously think this team is better than last year, given the goalie situation?

Elliott is coming off a significant injury, Neuvirth will get injured the first day of camp, Lyon looks like a journeyman, and Stolarz, who knows?

Personally, I'm about ready to say "fuck it" and throw Carter Hart to the wolves. It didn't ruin Fluery or Barrasso, so roll the dice................
    You may get your wish with the way these guys get injured and how the coach uses them. 5 goalies may not be enough.