Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early thoughts on the lines

Quote Originally Posted by marshall plan View Post
    Or Rafl, they think he can play center and that will give Hakstol a chance to keep him in the top 9....... no way it’s Frost, not a chance.
    not sure why. I don't think it's a gimme but what's the difference between he and Konecny? Similar size, similar stats, same age, similar draft position....all depends on how he plays in camp.

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum
    My prediction to start the season

Giroux-Couterier-Konecny
    JVR-Patrick-Voracek
    Lindblom-Vorobyov-Simmonds
    Raffle-Laughton-NAK

by 5 games in

Giroux-Couterier-Simmonds
    JVR- Patrick-Voracek
    Raffle-Laughton-Konecny
    Lindblom-Lehtera-Weisse

I'd say PK roles could affect who is scratched, but it never has before so I'll assume it won't

Book it:
    Couturier
    Patrick
    Laughton
    Lehtera
    “We don’t rebuild, we retool.”- Ed Snider

"Peter Forsbag"- Ed Snider

Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    My prediction to start the season

Giroux-Couterier-Konecny
    JVR-Patrick-Voracek
    Lindblom-Vorobyov-Simmonds
    Raffl-Laughton-NAK

I'd say PK roles could affect who is scratched, but it never has before so I'll assume it won't
    Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
    JVR-Patrick-Voracek
    Lindblom-Vorobyev-Simmonds
    Raffl-Laughton-Rubstov

I am hoping for something similar. I realize it's a long shot and a lot will depend on what happens in September but I am holding out hope for Rubtsov on the 4th line instead of NAK. I don't feel as strongly negative about NAK as Treeman does but I don't think he would be the most helpful in that role. Rubtsov is a strong enough defensive player right now (IMO) to be helpful on the PK and he'd bring some skill and hands to that fourth line.

I am also hoping at some point Hextall will remove the rest of the garbage. I feel like he took away a lot of Hakstol's bad decisions for him by letting Manning, Filppula and Read walk. It would be nice if he would do the same by ridding this team of Weise and Lehtera.

Flyers will make a trade or sign a KHL player before camp and change some of this up.

I can’t belive I’m actually saying this but...While Lehtera brings absolutely nothing to the offensive table, he is really good defensively and brings a sense of stability to the 4th line. I have no problem with him in that spot

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPuck View Post
    I can’t belive I’m actually saying this but...While Lehtera brings absolutely nothing to the offensive table, he is really good defensively and brings a sense of stability to the 4th line. I have no problem with him in that spot
    I didn't mind Lehtera nearly as much at center. In fact I preferred him to Laughton there, and liked Laughton at wing.

Those lines are still not good enough to win a round in the layoffs, way too many what-ifs.

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    Filpulla was the guy who killed the Flyers last year. Lehtera is ok at puck possession. The problem is the moron coach falling in love with veterans.