Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Early thoughts on the lines
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early thoughts on the lines

Early thoughts on the lines

Things can obviously still change between now and the start of the season but the way it stands now it seems like they’re going to have an internal battle for 3rd and 4th line center between Laughton/Vorobyev/Frost/Vecchione.

I’m not really sure where how Weal now fits in since he really should be a top 9 player but doesn’t really have a spot. Then you have Weise / Lehtera / Leier as extras/AHL fodder.

Konecny/Cout/G
    V/Patrick/JVR
    Simmonds/Frost-Vorobyev/Lindblom
    Raffl/Laughton/NAK-Weal-Weise-Lehtera-Leier

They certainly seem to have a couple too many bodies as it stands right now.

I could easily see Hakstal using JVR on the first line in place of Konecny.
    The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.

I really hope NAK doesn’t make th Flyers. He’s not a smart hockey player and his skill is overrated.... to be honest, I wish he was in Reading
    Danny Briere:
    I’ve been extremely lucky, I am doing what I love to do, and playing in a series every hockey player dreams of. I wanted to share this moment, not only with my friends and family, but with a few kids that are in a need of a reason to smile!

Konecny is much better on the RW which is why Giroux was playing LW. So I dont think you can switch Konecny and JVR.

JVR, imo, is perfect to play with Voracek and Patrick ... two good possession players with speed that can pass the puck. JVR is the finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    I really hope NAK doesn’t make th Flyers. He’s not a smart hockey player and his skill is overrated.... to be honest, I wish he was in Reading
    I doubt he does looking at the depth chart above. Too many wingers already.

So did they tender Leier? What's the deal there?

Leier and Lyon both filed for arbitration
    Last edited by MyPuck; 07-07-2018 at 10:43 AM. Reason: God damn autocorrect

Working against someone like vorobyev is that he can be sent down and brought up later whereas frost needs to be up from the get go or be lost to juniors for the season.

Seasoned Veteran
    Laughton will be 3rd line center if no moves are made
    Pussy Galore

Rookie
    Or Rafl, they think he can play center and that will give Hakstol a chance to keep him in the top 9....... no way it’s Frost, not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MyPuck View Post
    Leier and Lyon both filed for arbitration
    Leier?? that's funny. I wonder how his 2 goals and 7 points stack up against contracts with similar production...he's gonna get PAID! actually his plan may just be to get released as he likely sees the depth chart and how he was used last year and with more competition he may be looking to get moved or released and is filing the arbitration to annoy the Flyers. based on his production he can't seriously think he should get anything more than a qualifying offer.