Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
If Flyers signed Voynov... - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would you lose respect for the Flyers if they signed Voynov?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would hate Hextall and Flyers (even more)

1 25.00%
  • No, it's the Hextall's job to ice the best team possible

3 75.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Flyers signed Voynov...

Iíd be disappointed if they signed him. Imagine if that were your wife, sister, etc. I donít care about his skill. Thatís a hard pass for me.

Havent seen a cup in my lifetime. Time heals. I would take a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    What he did was horrible but people should be able to get second chances. If not, there would be about 5 football teams in the NFL.

it wonít happen but if they could get him for pennies on the dollar itís worth the risk.
    Wonder if they'd kneel

Quote Originally Posted by jsp92 View Post
    Wow, this is a tough one. It takes a real special kind of piece of shit to savagely beat a woman. No matter what the circumstance. I think I'd have to take a hard pass on this one.
    Same here.......I root for more then just a stinking logo on the jersey. This is the type of individual you root against, not for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Same here.......I root for more then just a stinking logo on the jersey. This is the type of individual you root against, not for.
    Did you root against Brett Myers when the Phillies won the World Series. He beat his wife in public on the streets of Boston. Fact is if Voynov helped the Flyers win a cup, all would be forgotten. Just like Ray Lewis was forgiven for killing a person and Kobe Bryant was cheered after he was accused of rape when he first took the court.

I watch sports for entertainment much like I go to the Zoo for entertainment. I donít want them to get rid of the tigers when they kill a pedestrian because that would make the zoo less entertaining. A lot of athletes are flat out animals and bad people. Itís amazing how people pick and choose who should be condemned and who should be forgiven.

All that being said thereís zero chance Hextall will bring him in...heís all about drafting character guys and he doesnít fit that mold

Quote Originally Posted by Poulin228 View Post
    Did you root against Brett Myers when the Phillies won the World Series. He beat his wife in public on the streets of Boston. Fact is if Voynov helped the Flyers win a cup, all would be forgotten. Just like Ray Lewis was forgiven for killing a person and Kobe Bryant was cheered after he was accused of rape when he first took the court.
    I am the complete opposite of you.

No. If he were Malkin instead.............probably still no.

The Eagles signed Vick and he drowned, electrocuted and tortured dogs. The fans loved him when he played well. If the Flyers signed Voynov and he scored 40 points and anchored the 2nd pairing, fans would love him. If he stunk, the same fans would call him scum. We know how this works.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    Cheyney, are you by chance in San Diego? I just saw a black guy with a red CCCP t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.halloween View Post
    The Eagles signed Vick and he drowned, electrocuted and tortured dogs. The fans loved him when he played well. If the Flyers signed Voynov and he scored 40 points and anchored the 2nd pairing, fans would love him. If he stunk, the same fans would call him scum. We know how this works.
    Some fans would root for any criminal as long as their team wins.
    They just see a logo on the fabric of the jersey.
    They have no standards. And that's a shame.