Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Simmonds

I think they would be better off taking a chance now on a resign. He comes out the gate firing he isnt resigning. Make no sense. There would be a bidding war.

Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    This team needs a guy like Wayne Simmonds. I would resign him, if there is a good deal offered for him at the deadline, maybe then think about making a move.
    I think he will be fine. He was hurt most of the season, his tank isn't empty.
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.” General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Puttin'OnTheFoil View Post
    Give him 3x$6MM. We’ve got near-term cap space, and we don’t know if he’ll fall off a ledge soon.
    If i'm his agent i'm asking for JVR's contract. With justification.

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    Talking about all his intangibles is the set up for a big Ronald overpay
    without the intangibles he's just JVR
    “Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”

Mark Twain on the members of Capitol Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    I wouldn't give Simmonds more than 3 years though. He has more wear & tear on his body than JVR. (Maybe 4 years & reduce the AAV slightly).

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black View Post
    I wouldn't give Simmonds more than 3 years though. He has more wear & tear on his body than JVR. (Maybe 4 years & reduce the AAV slightly).
    Well JvR would have to actually hit someone to get wear and tear.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    This. Why would anyone think otherwise? The logic on this board slays me. So, it's totally justifiable to overpay JVR because he's a free agent but you want Wayne Simmonds to take a mythical hometown discount to resign here? Give your heads a good shake. Wayne Simmonds deserves every nickel JVR just got and should get every nickel. Look at their careers and tell me what JVR has done that Wayne has not. But please, I am all ears for a compelling argument otherwise.

Wayne's biggest mistake was playing through injury this year. Playing like a man. It's created the whole "wear and tear" nonsense. He should've taken the faggot route like JVR did two seasons ago and take half the season off (with his foot boo-boo) and decide to not play through injury. JVR is a fucking pussy. And I will go back through this thread and find the liability claim when talking about Simmonds game. Serious question, has anyone actually watched JVR play hockey the last few seasons? I know he was easy to miss with his 14 sheltered minutes a night, but it's hilarious to me someone would use a "liability" label when comparing JVR and Simmonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    This. Why would anyone think otherwise? The logic on this board slays me. So, it's totally justifiable to overpay JVR because he's a free agent but you want Wayne Simmonds to take a mythical hometown discount to resign here? Give your heads a good shake. Wayne Simmonds deserves every nickel JVR just got and should get every nickel. Look at their careers and tell me what JVR has done that Wayne has not. But please, I am all ears for a compelling argument otherwise.

Wayne's biggest mistake was playing through injury this year. Playing like a man. It's created the whole "wear and tear" nonsense. He should've taken the faggot route like JVR did two seasons ago and take half the season off and decide to not play through injury. JVR is a fucking pussy. And I will go back through this thread and find the liability claim. Serious question, has anyone watched JVR play hockey the last few seasons? I know he was easy to miss with his 14 sheltered minutes a night, but it's hilarious to me someone would use a "liability" label when comparing JVR and Simmonds.
    As usual, well stated. Said the same thing, he had one injury prone year and now he has wear and tear?
    Anyone that would take JVR over Simmonds at the same contract is an idiot.
    This team needs him and if they dont offer the same contract at least he should ask to be traded because if he gets to Free Agency next year he will get at least what JVR signed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    Well JvR would have to actually hit someone to get wear and tear.
    This comment made me laugh! Well Done.

Rookie
    There are not a lot of big name FAs next year. If Simmons has a better year this year, scores 30 goals again and hits free agency, he is going to get more than JVR got, you can be sure. Give him his $, he has certainly earned it here and been underpaid doing it. He is also a guy that doesn't need to play in the top 6 to be valuable. JVR does.