Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Simmonds

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    This. Why would anyone think otherwise? The logic on this board slays me. So, it's totally justifiable to overpay JVR because he's a free agent but you want Wayne Simmonds to take a mythical hometown discount to resign here? Give your heads a good shake. Wayne Simmonds deserves every nickel JVR just got and should get every nickel. Look at their careers and tell me what JVR has done that Wayne has not. But please, I am all ears for a compelling argument otherwise.

Wayne's biggest mistake was playing through injury this year. Playing like a man. It's created the whole "wear and tear" nonsense. He should've taken the faggot route like JVR did two seasons ago and take half the season off (with his foot boo-boo) and decide to not play through injury. JVR is a fucking pussy. And I will go back through this thread and find the liability claim when talking about Simmonds game. Serious question, has anyone actually watched JVR play hockey the last few seasons? I know he was easy to miss with his 14 sheltered minutes a night, but it's hilarious to me someone would use a "liability" label when comparing JVR and Simmonds.
    I agree with you that Simmonds deserves the same contract that JVR got. Both deserve 3 years additional term. The extra 2 years that JVR got is the cost adder for doing business in the FA market. As for my wear & tear comment...it wasn't about last year, it's about the career as a whole. Simmonds plays hockey, JVR plays a softer version.
    Remember...it's not about paying for past performance, or making up for Simmonds underpayment.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall plan View Post
    There are not a lot of big name FAs next year. If Simmons has a better year this year, scores 30 goals again and hits free agency, he is going to get more than JVR got, you can be sure. Give him his $, he has certainly earned it here and been underpaid doing it. He is also a guy that doesn't need to play in the top 6 to be valuable. JVR does.

Guy has played how many seasons for the Flyers and you still cannot spell his name? It is Ben Simmons and Wayne Simmonds you FUCKING IDIOT.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall plan View Post
    There are not a lot of big name FAs next year. If Simmons has a better year this year, scores 30 goals again and hits free agency, he is going to get more than JVR got, you can be sure. Give him his $, he has certainly earned it here and been underpaid doing it. He is also a guy that doesn't need to play in the top 6 to be valuable. JVR does.
    I agree completely with this and as jsp stated a few days ago, this team should not have cap issues going forward even if he signs a 5 year $35M deal starting next season.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    This. Why would anyone think otherwise? The logic on this board slays me. So, it's totally justifiable to overpay JVR because he's a free agent but you want Wayne Simmonds to take a mythical hometown discount to resign here? Give your heads a good shake. Wayne Simmonds deserves every nickel JVR just got and should get every nickel. Look at their careers and tell me what JVR has done that Wayne has not. But please, I am all ears for a compelling argument otherwise.

Wayne's biggest mistake was playing through injury this year. Playing like a man. It's created the whole "wear and tear" nonsense. He should've taken the faggot route like JVR did two seasons ago and take half the season off (with his foot boo-boo) and decide to not play through injury. JVR is a fucking pussy. And I will go back through this thread and find the liability claim when talking about Simmonds game. Serious question, has anyone actually watched JVR play hockey the last few seasons? I know he was easy to miss with his 14 sheltered minutes a night, but it's hilarious to me someone would use a "liability" label when comparing JVR and Simmonds.
    I dont like JVR and I am a Simmonds fan, but here's something - Simmonds production is a product of his PP usage moreso than JVR. 46% of WS' goals over the last 3 years have come on the PP. 28% of JVR's goals have come on the PP. Projecting WS is heavily influenced by his planned PP usage, and therefore so is his value. Value is also influenced by "what have you done for me lately". Simmonds had 24 g last year, but JVR had a full 50% more with 36. I therefore do think you can make an argument that WS has less value, but it depends on how much you factor in the above variables versus other dimensions of the game.

A team that majorly needs a net front presence on the PP might value WS more than the Flyers because the Flyers have good, maybe even better, options.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

In the immortal words of KGB in Rounders ... "pay that man his money"

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCNow View Post
    I dont like JVR and I am a Simmonds fan, but here's something - Simmonds production is a product of his PP usage moreso than JVR. 46% of WS' goals over the last 3 years have come on the PP. 28% of JVR's goals have come on the PP. Projecting WS is heavily influenced by his planned PP usage, and therefore so is his value. Value is also influenced by "what have you done for me lately". Simmonds had 24 g last year, but JVR had a full 50% more with 36. I therefore do think you can make an argument that WS has less value, but it depends on how much you factor in the above variables versus other dimensions of the game.

A team that majorly needs a net front presence on the PP might value WS more than the Flyers because the Flyers have good, maybe even better, options.
    Remember Simmonds had a pretty significant injury, otherwise I suspect he couldve been low 30's again.

Seasoned Veteran
    Wayne also part of this core that hasn’t done shit. He will want to cash in like he Should. He ain’t taking no fn discount
    Pussy Galore

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    Guy has played how many seasons for the Flyers and you still cannot spell his name? It is Ben Simmons and Wayne Simmonds you FUCKING IDIOT.
    That’s my spellcheck on my phone asshole, no sure why it does that. But thank goodness we have you as the grammar police! Your posts are so intelligent and thought provoking we r all so lucky that you spend all day sitting in your parents basement on this forum with the phone they bought you. So what do you think should they move Giroux back to center? I don’t think you mentioned that this hour you clown.

DS8 has horrible grammar. He shouldn't be criticizing anyone in that respect.