Thread: James Neal - Calagary 5x5.75

James Neal - Calagary 5x5.75

Not a horrendous deal. Especially if he is front loaded.

I wouldn't have minded trading Simmonds and signing him. He's a better player.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

This will be another deal that blows up in Calgary's face. This is almost as bad as signing Brower to a four-year contract.

I expect Neal's numbers to decline dramatically. I just don't think he's going to be able to score as much playing in Calgary.

I also thought about signing him and trading Simmonds. I think the money that Simmonds would have gotten will go towards signing the youngsters and bringing up players like Frost.

Without Neal I expect LV to drop in the standings, would love to see him in Philly but past his prime and not for that contract.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

If they were to make that contract pay out at 7 million 6 million 5 million 5 million 4 million - it's really only a bad dead if he falls off a cliff in before the end of season 3.

After that, it's expansion territory, buyout, trade for a floor team etc.

As long as he's still popping in 20-30 goal, it's fine. In the right situation he could probably get more than 30.

25 of his starts he had a .900 sv % or better. 21 better than .910.

That's not that great.
    Last edited by FLiP; 07-02-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    Agree FLiP. But I would have given him that deal and then ride out the last year of Simmonds contract. Adding Neal to the lineup as is now would have been a nice addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

We'll see how long he can keep it up but I think he drops off after a couple years. Too long a deal for me.

Like I said above. Depending on how that deal is structured, it’s a non issue. Especially with an expiring CBA, an expansion draft etc.

if he falls of in years 1 and 2. Different story.

Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    If they were to make that contract pay out at 7 million 6 million 5 million 5 million 4 million - it's really only a bad dead if he falls off a cliff in before the end of season 3.

After that, it's expansion territory, buyout, trade for a floor team etc.

As long as he's still popping in 20-30 goal, it's fine. In the right situation he could probably get more than 30.

25 of his starts he had a .900 sv % or better. 21 better than .910.

That's not that great
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.Ē General James Mattis

I don’t know dude. Lmao.