Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreger lists flyers as a possible trade option for Panarin.

I would trade Voracek or Giroux for Panarin at this point.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Simmonds on the decline and in line for a large contract extension in exchange for an ascending player who scored 82 pts last year? Is this really a debate?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    He scored 82 points last year. Adding that to Giroux and Voracek gives the team 3 guys that can pull that off.
    I get it, hes definitely an upgrade offensively, but can you imagine this team without Simmonds? I'm not sure an NHL teams been softer in the past 30-40 years.
    Plus his 3rd team in 3 years...I wouldn't give Simmonds but that's just me.

Is Simmonds really on the decline or was it one injury plagued season from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    Is Simmonds really on the decline or was it one injury plagued season from the start?
    Simmonds isn't the tough guy you think he is. He had 3 fights last year. 129 hits last season. Which isn't much and his hits have decreased over the last 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by abstract View Post
    Simmonds on the decline and in line for a large contract extension in exchange for an ascending player who scored 82 pts last year? Is this really a debate?
    Simmonds will be the best player on the Flyers next season. Trade some of your defense to get Panarin, that is what assets are for.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Simmonds isn't the tough guy you think he is. He had 3 fights last year. 129 hits last season. Which isn't much and his hits have decreased over the last 3 years.
    I dont disagree with this, some of it is injury, some is coaching but hes really the only guy left that can even remotely stand up for a teammate and he will probably still come close to 30 goals the next 3-5 years and outside of last year been very healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    Simmonds will be the best player on the Flyers next season. Trade some of your defense to get Panarin, that is what assets are for.
    I'm not sure the Flyers have much defense to give, their forward prospects are much deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post
    Gus read and a 4th

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    LOL! One of my fav GIFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead