Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FLYERS sign James van Riemsdyk ($35M/5 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    I've thought about it and let me be the first to say it:

Laughable deal for JVR. No emotion involved, strictly on hockey merit it's a horrible investment. Both in length and AAV.

I will bookmark and save this post and will be the first to eat crow if I'm wrong. This is just spending money to spend it.
    It's an absolutely fucking atrocious use of cap space. They finally get a good amount of cap space and they spend $7 fucking million on horseshit JVR. Fuck this team.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    This is what a top 6 forward costs in free agency in 2018. It is what it is.
    You have kids coming up thru the pipelibe, this makes no sense, and completely re-affirms that there is no plan.
    Utterly ridiculous, I hope this turns out to be false.

Hate it. Really hate it. And I was one of the few who liked him when traded. Could have spent $6m more and had a difference maker in Tavares. Stupid

President of the Carle Defender Club JayPSU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coop3422 View Post
    Could have spent $6m more and had a difference maker in Tavares. Stupid
    He didn’t even want to take a meeting with the Flyers. So no, you couldn’t.

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this right now. I have mixed emotions part of me can see this being a really good fit and the other part of me sees that it could be disastrous.

On the surface it appears to be maybe one year too long. I'm going to let this one play out and see how he does.

For those bitching about the price. That's just the cost of doing business. I'm sure he had offers from lots of teams and that's just the going rate for a player who puts up statistics like him.

It'll be interesting to see how he fits in with the forward group. At the absolute very least he will put up good enough numbers and Weise or Lehtera won't play.

Hextall had to do something. this is the first time he's been aggressive in free agency. Let's just wait to see how this plays out before jumping off a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    He didnít even want to take a meeting with the Flyers. So no, you couldnít.
    Not sure I even believe Hextall approached Tavares.

absolutely terrible. adding another charming soft player with no heart. the gm just keeps proving over and over again, he is incompetent with no plan.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post
    I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this right now. I have mixed emotions part of me can see this being a really good fit and the other part of me sees that it could be disastrous.

On the surface it appears to be maybe one year too long. I'm going to let this one play out and see how he does.

For those bitching about the price. That's just the cost of doing business. I'm sure he had offers from lots of teams and that's just the going rate for a player who puts up statistics like him.

It'll be interesting to see how he fits in with the forward group. At the absolute very least he will put up good enough numbers and Weise or Lehtera won't play.

Hextall had to do something. this is the first time he's been aggressive in free agency. Let's just wait to see how this plays out before jumping off a bridge.
    Theres no plan. You rebuild at a snail's pace then at the first sign of money you throw $7M at a B level FA who is practically 30...I believe this probably does spell the end of Simmonds and if true who would anyone rather have for the next 5 years at that price, paper soft Mole man or Wayne fucking manly Simmonds?

Not crazy about the cap hit but the dude can score goals and we needed goal scoring on the wing. JVR will look really good with Patrick, IMO.

Also, the reaction from the board is proof that nothing Hextall does will be right for many here. He does nothing and he is scared. He gets one of the better free agents available and he is a moron without a clue wasting cap space.