Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FLYERS sign James van Riemsdyk ($35M/5 years)

FLYERS sign James van Riemsdyk ($35M/5 years)

Breaking news.

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    I guess that number was right. I posted these numbers in the other thread. Not sure I am wild about that deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Wow.... I never thought he’d want to come back.
    Danny Briere:
    Ive been extremely lucky, I am doing what I love to do, and playing in a series every hockey player dreams of. I wanted to share this moment, not only with my friends and family, but with a few kids that are in a need of a reason to smile!

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RFritz View Post
    Breaking news.
    Laughable.

I've thought about it and let me be the first to say it:

Laughable deal for JVR. No emotion involved, strictly on hockey merit it's a horrible investment. Both in length and AAV.

I will bookmark and save this post and will be the first to eat crow if I'm wrong. This is just spending money to spend it.
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.

disgraceful. i mean this is a joke right?
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

I dont know if it was food poisoning or flu or what, Richards said. I just didnt feel very well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

Who on this team can score 36? We dont have anyone. Is what it is. Had to overpay. He doesnt play a physical game so no wear and tear really on his body. Simmer is good as gone.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Agreed Cheyney...easy way out...had money to spend, so he spent it.
    Makes it look like hes making a big move to improve the club but in reality JVR is just another player that fits right in. Regular season wonder, who's big in stature but tiny in heart.
    Old Hextall just couldn't bring himself to improve the club thru a trade.
    I actually have to say I hate this signing if it's TRUE and only deepens my disdain for Hextall.

An old whipping boy is now my new whipping boy.
    This team is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyers0597 View Post
    Who on this team can score 36? We dont have anyone. Is what it is. Had to overpay. He doesnt play a physical game so no wear and tear really on his body. Simmer is good as gone.
    I don't disagree at all with what you're saying but I look at the role jvr played in TO. He averaged less than 15mns ice time every night. Point being, he had talent around him that he probably won't have here. He's going to be counted on to do more. I just think for this team, this roster, the way it's currently constructed, it's a terrible deal to give a 29 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    Agreed Cheyney...easy way out...had money to spend, so he spent it.
    Makes it look like hes making a big move to improve the club but in reality JVR is just another player that fits right in. Regular season wonder, who's big in stature but tiny in heart.
    Old Hextall just couldn't bring himself to improve the club thru a trade.
    I actually have to say I hate this signing if it's TRUE and only deepens my disdain for Hextall.

An old whipping boy is now my new whipping boy.
    And that's the main point right there, excellent point Zeus...i worry about JVR's heart and intangibles when he's counted on (and being paid) to be "the guy".

President of the Carle Defender Club JayPSU's Avatar
    This is what a top 6 forward costs in free agency in 2018. It is what it is. Especially when the free agent market is so thin.