Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2018 GDT:

Free Agency 2018 GDT:

FA Officially begins Sunday, but with the negotiating period having already started it appears some players are already falling into place.

Looks like Tavares is between San Jose and NYI. I hope he goes to San Jose. If he does, that team is stacked.
    Evander Kane
    Logan Couture
    Joe Pavelski
    Proabably 1 year of cheap Joe Thornton
    I imagine they will resign Hertl
    Burns and Vlasic on the backend
    Jones in net.

As mentioned in another thread the rumors are a trade for O'Reilly is in place.

Rangers apparently looking to get after Reaves

Cam Ward reported to be signing with the Hawks

Carter Hutton to Buffalo

Bernier to Detroit

Stastny may stay.

Lol eklund had stasny as an E3 to the flyers.

Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    FA Officially begins Sunday, but with the negotiating period having already started it appears some players are already falling into place.

Looks like Tavares is between San Jose and NYI. I hope he goes to San Jose. If he does, that team is stacked.
    Evander Kane
    Logan Couture
    Joe Pavelski
    Proabably 1 year of cheap Joe Thornton
    I imagine they will resign Hertl
    Burns and Vlasic on the backend
    Jones in net.

As mentioned in another thread the rumors are a trade for O'Reilly is in place.

Rangers apparently looking to get after Reaves

Cam Ward reported to be signing with the Hawks

Carter Hutton to Buffalo

Bernier to Detroit

Stastny may stay.
    Yeah, that should help them.
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.Ē General James Mattis

Would be nice if we could upgrade in net with Bernier or Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mike View Post
    Would be nice if we could upgrade in net with Bernier or Anderson.
    I don't think Hextall does anything in goal, unfortunately. I think he thinks that "we're fine there."
    "There's no reason why a player is done at 33, 34. They train better, they eat better, they drink better. This isn't the old days when everybody sat around and drank beer." - Bobby Clarke

I think it is more 1 more year of a bridge to Hart. With Elliott, Neuvy, Stolarz and Lyon, they'll likely go with whoever plays best and stays healthy.

I doubt a goalie who wants to start consistently like Bernier etc. will want to come here nor would Hextall want to pay someone like that for multiple years unless it is at a cheap rate. I'd rather give Stolarz or Lyon a chance if needed.
    Win today and we walk together forever - Fred Shero

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Front89 View Post
    I think it is more 1 more year of a bridge to Hart. With Elliott, Neuvy, Stolarz and Lyon, they'll likely go with whoever plays best and stays healthy.

I doubt a goalie who wants to start consistently like Bernier etc. will want to come here nor would Hextall want to pay someone like that for multiple years unless it is at a cheap rate. I'd rather give Stolarz or Lyon a chance if needed.
    So zero reason to care about this season at all then, again. No goalies means no chance, and they have no goalie outside of Hart on either roster.

Probably a good thing that you donít care already. Saves you some aggravation

Rookie
    I am with you Zeus 100%. If we go into this season with Elliott and Neuwirth as our goalies our gm is sending a very clear message that they have no intention of winning a round in the playoffs, which is the next step. I understand we have good prospects but Hart is at least 2 years away and maybe longer. We need to stop with the Hart now stuff. Goalies do not come out of juniors and go to the NHL. Even if it’s a retread like Lehner or Bernier that we bring in both are still far better than Neuwirth. Hell I would start Lyon over Elliott or china doll. At least he has a chance to get better, the other two are what they are, career avg goalies and backups. Starting with that combo game one is our gm spitting in the fans faces, it just is...

-Winnipeg just traded Mason to make space to re-sign Statsny.
    -Red Wings on track to sign Green, Bernier, and Vanek
    -Flyers not on Tavaresí list

Getting the feeling weíre either going to see a ton of youth, or the Flyers are going to have to make a trade to improve. Iím terrified at the trade option. Hoping itís just more kids in the lineup.