Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kovalchuk

Quote Originally Posted by FlyersFanSinceBirth View Post
    I've never been able to figure it out, but I just don't like O'reilly. To me, he's overrated and overpaid.
    When he was in Colorado, I remember hearing he was a ME player, bad attitude, etc. Think that's where he was anyway. But have only heard good things the past few years. Not sure if that's what makes you feel that way, but he could have matured? Definitely overpaid, but not by a crazy amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    ROR and Hoffman are supposedly both on the block...I think those could be interesting depending on the cost to acquire.

Hoffman's 28, had 22G/34A...has scored 27, 29 and 26 goals the prior 3 years and is making $5.1875 for 2 more years.

ROR is 27, had 24g/37A...has had 28, 17, 21 and 20 goals the prior 4 years and is making $7.5 mill for the next 5 years.

Due to the contracts ROR will cost much less.

I'd offer the 19th pick and maybe a mid tier prospect for ROR.
    If Hextall is actually willing to go out and find a legit goalie for next season, I'm on board with moving #19 for ROR. This team is young, adding a solid 27 yo would be a nice move for 3-4 years. Pick #19 likely won't see the ice for 2-3 years.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by coop3422 View Post
    When he was in Colorado, I remember hearing he was a ME player, bad attitude, etc. Think that's where he was anyway. But have only heard good things the past few years. Not sure if that's what makes you feel that way, but he could have matured? Definitely overpaid, but not by a crazy amount.

If Hextall is actually willing to go out and find a legit goalie for next season, I'm on board with moving #19 for ROR. This team is young, adding a solid 27 yo would be a nice move for 3-4 years. Pick #19 likely won't see the ice for 2-3 years.
    Will take way more than 19 to get him
    Pussy Galore

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    certainly overpaid...
    Not really. If he is it isn’t by much at all

They need a goalie and Ronald won’t get one
    Pussy Galore

LOL Maybe Saint Ronnie can sign Carter Hutton..............
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    What about John Carlson? He might come to Philly. Maybe???
    This trade is always fun to relive....I remember that night...I think we were all in the chat room feature here. The trade was announced and neither McPhee or Boudreau would look up from the table, as both were holding back laughter and thinking "did Holmgren really just make that deal????"

Carlson, who has blossomed into one of the NHL’s premier defensemen, could have been a Flyer.

In 2008, then-Flyers’ general manager Paul Holmgren desperately wanted a righthanded defensemen, so he sent Washington their first-round pick (27th overall) for Steve Eminger and a third-round selection that turned out to be goaltender Jacob DeSerres. (DeSerres, who never reached the NHL, was chosen nine picks before the Caps took Braden Holtby.)

The Capitals drafted Carlson with the pick they received from the Flyers. Eminger, who was Mike Richards’ Kitchner teammate in juniors, played 12 games with the Flyers and was quickly dealt to Tampa Bay with Steve Downie for Matt Carle.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    This trade is always fun to relive....I remember that night...I think we were all in the chat room feature here. The trade was announced and neither McPhee or Boudreau would look up from the table, as both were holding back laughter and thinking "did Holmgren really just make that deal????"
    The most fucked up part was the Caps were not even going to qualify him; they were letting him walk. A fn 7th rd pick would have sealed the deal
    Pussy Galore

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    The most fucked up part was the Caps were not even going to qualify him; they were letting him walk. A fn 7th rd pick would have sealed the deal
    Absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    Absolutely.
    Where the duck were his assistants and what not? How do they even let him do that ?
    Pussy Galore

Rookie
    Another incident where Holmgren lacked the patience Hextall has...and it cost the Flyers.

He should have been fired on the spot. Beyond incompetent. I hope he goes for another drunk bike ride in traffic after seeing him raise the cup as a #1 D.