Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Kovalchuk - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kovalchuk

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Based on the last time he hit free agency, I think he will want a city with sizable Russian population. I think that's one of the reasons he gravitated towards New York. Maybe that will be different this time though.
    I hear DC has a large Russian population....and this guy's son already plays hockey

Would make me feel it's the Vinny experiment all over again. Does he really have that much left? I know the KHL isn't as physical, and Jagr came over and played at a high level for years. Honestly if he could be close to what he was, I'd give him 3-4 years. With all the playmakers in the top 6, and true sniper would make a significant difference.

And to those saying he'd want to go to a contender, if Hextall brought him and a legit goalie in, they'd be close. Lots of IF's so not saying it would happen, but I don't think that should be a road block. Said it in another thread, this is the year for Hextall to make a significant splash and push this team over the edge.

He looked good in the Olympics and scored at over ppg on the KHL which is a more defensive league.

Flyers would be a contender with a goalie and Tavares and Kovalchuck. No question. They’d run away with the eastern conference.

will never happen of course. Tavares wouldn’t want to complete with Couturier for the first lobe center spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

I would do it only if they got a legit goalie first. Otherwise....it's a waste. Also, be aware going in that's he's been a selfish player in the past. Maybe not the worst thing for the Flyers though having someone who will actually shoot first, rather than pass.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    will never happen of course. Tavares wouldn’t want to complete with Couturier for the first lobe center spot.

I ear you.
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

Kovalchuk is coming back to the NHL to win a cup. He has nothing else to play for. There were rumors that Lou L. is going all in on Kovalchuk to try to sell Tavares on staying in NY.

No idea what he ends up doing, but Iím signing in Pittsburgh if Iím Kovalchuk.

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    I ear you.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartnell's_Glove View Post
    Kovalchuk is coming back to the NHL to win a cup. He has nothing else to play for. There were rumors that Lou L. is going all in on Kovalchuk to try to sell Tavares on staying in NY.

No idea what he ends up doing, but I’m signing in Pittsburgh if I’m Kovalchuk.
    He'd have to play there REAL cheap. There is already talk that they are going to have to move Kessel.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

Seasoned Veteran
    in terms of a goalie any interest in James Reimer? has 3 years and 3.5 per left on his deal I think. Not even sure florida wants to move him. Be a nice bridge guy considering what else is out there or available.

assuming he is available, would Neivirth/elliot and 2/3rd get it done?

if not including neivirth what would be the base of a deal?
    Pussy Galore