Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivan Provorov vs other Flyers Defensemen

Rookie

Ivan Provorov vs other Flyers Defensemen

A interesting read and some stats to go with it...

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/05/...ivan-provorov/

Seasoned Veteran
    summary please for us uneducated fans
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    summary please for us uneducated fans
    Provorov and Gost are the best dmen on the team.

Eye test easily could tell you that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

If Myers stays healthy he could bump Gostisbehere.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    Let's hope so.
    Doubt he puts up the points Gostisbehere does. But points aren't everything. Especially with d-men.

Tap the breaks on that one.... Myers is very good but not quite sure he is better than Gostisbehere.

One thing I see that Myers isn’t as strong on the puck. Once challenged, he dumps the pucks. Not sure if that’s his style or what the coaches want him to do, but it’s very frustrating
    Danny Briere:
    I’ve been extremely lucky, I am doing what I love to do, and playing in a series every hockey player dreams of. I wanted to share this moment, not only with my friends and family, but with a few kids that are in a need of a reason to smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    Tap the breaks on that one.... Myers is very good but not quite sure he is better than Gostisbehere.

One thing I see that Myers isn’t as strong on the puck. Once challenged, he dumps the pucks. Not sure if that’s his style or what the coaches want him to do, but it’s very frustrating
    You can comment further on this but it seems asa though he upped his game in the playoffs and showed be could be a very good two-way player who can also man the PP with his shot. He needs to go and watch some Chris Pronger video to give him some motivation.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    He has a long way to go to do that. It would be a great situation if he did, but it's definitely not a given.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by abstract View Post
    He has a long way to go to do that. It would be a great situation if he did, but it's definitely not a given.
    No givens, but all things considered he has the most upside outside of Provorov.