Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Salary Cap to rise to $80M - 2018-19 Season

wait doesn't hextall have 10 years? good god.....
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

ďI donít know if it was food poisoning or flu or what,Ē Richards said. ďI just didnít feel very well.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    sanheim should be under 1mm is my guess. haag 1.5? either way both not expensive.

sign rousell, reeves, trade for tom wilson. all problems solved
    One of those three is a goalie?

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood2001 View Post
    um, toughness? did that fly over your head?
    SO for arguments sake if they had Morin U donít need rousell? Donít agree with that at all even a little bit. Rousell decent hockey player who would helpnhe bottom 6. Regardless if he was a tough player or not
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Would love to see T. Wilson here. Really like his game.
    I believe Wilson is a RFA and I highly doubt the Caps are not going to give him a nice contract extension. He is young, tough, plays a hard grinding game and has now shown he can score and contribute in different ways to help the team.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    I believe Wilson is a RFA and I highly doubt the Caps are not going to give him a nice contract extension. He is young, tough, plays a hard grinding game and has now shown he can score and contribute in different ways to help the team.
    he will get 4mm and not sure he is worth that especially at 5 years say
    Pussy Galore

A part of me thinks the team plays so soft because our PK is so awful. If you want to play a tough game, especially with a Flyers logo on your jersey ... you have to be comfortable with a couple of extra penalties every night. If the Flyers can't kill penalties, which has been the case for a while now, that's living dangerously. I totally agree that we need to get tougher but if we go down that path, we really need to improve the PK as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    he will get 4mm and not sure he is worth that especially at 5 years say
    Agreed, he is a decent player but will also get overpaid for the role he plays. I just do not see the Caps letting him go somewhere else and due to his status he is going to be a Cap for the foreseeable future.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    A part of me thinks the team plays so soft because our PK is so awful. If you want to play a tough game, especially with a Flyers logo on your jersey ... you have to be comfortable with a couple of extra penalties every night. If the Flyers can't kill penalties, which has been the case for a while now, that's living dangerously. I totally agree that we need to get tougher but if we go down that path, we really need to improve the PK as well.

Why do the Flyers always play the woe is me card when it comes to not being able to play a physical game? I agree with the PK issue as it gives teams the freedom to toe the line and be more aggressive and the confidence a team gets when they can kill a penalty absolutely gives a team confidence. This is why Hextall being aggressive in the Tavares sweepstakes is a huge offseason need, signing a guy like Tavares improves the PP but also allows Couturier to play more PK minutes, if they can sign another guy like Riley Nash it helps the #1 PK unit it makes the team immensely better.

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    I just don't know how this cap keeps going up. Smoke and mirrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead