Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Salary Cap to rise to $80M - 2018-19 Season
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salary Cap to rise to $80M - 2018-19 Season

Rookie

Salary Cap to rise to $80M - 2018-19 Season

As per Pierre Lebrun:

"Bill Daly says the current projection for the salary cap is around $80 million, up $5 million from this season; however the NHL still needs to negotiate the growth factor with the NHLPA later in June so there's no hard number quite yet."

Flyers Cap Space: $17M

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/flyers

I don't believe that the Flyers Cap space includes the contract for Sanheim or the resigning of Haag.
    It also doesn't appear to include Lindblom.

Flyers are cap space champs.

Hagg needs a new deal
    Sanheim needs a new deal

Either way - the blaming of Holmgren for Hextall's failures to build a winner need to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Hagg needs a new deal
    Sanheim needs a new deal

Either way - the blaming of Holmgren for Hextall's failures to build a winner need to stop.
    Agreed. The capped out situation is over, the pipeline is stocked, and it’s time for the NHL team to take a big step forward in year 5 of the build.

What’s more is that is easily achievable if they sign JT and get a goalie. They have to be the most desirable location for him with the combination of young talent and cap space. Plus his family doesn’t have to move far or at all and he already has connections here with Gordon and MacDonald. Probably wishful thinking on my part but throw the fans a bone here Hextall.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    I don't believe that the Flyers Cap space includes the contract for Sanheim or the resigning of Haag.
    sanheim should be under 1mm is my guess. haag 1.5? either way both not expensive.

sign rousell, reeves, trade for tom wilson. all problems solved
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Hagg needs a new deal
    Sanheim needs a new deal

Agreed. My hope is that this summer is the time he was waiting for with enough prospects ready for the NHL and money to spend to make a difference. If he doesn't try to improve the roster this summer I will be pissed. I am already not happy we have to endure another season of the moron coach.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    sanheim should be under 1mm is my guess. haag 1.5? either way both not expensive.

Don't forget the NMC's.
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

Tavares, if signed, solves a LOT of problems on this team. If the Flyers get JT and goalie, they become cup contenders assuming the same level by *****, G and Jake on a go-forward basis. Simmonds should also be healthier next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    the 17M in cap space also doesn't include the new projected 5M in additional cap space, so they'll be close to a wash