Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Stanley CUP FINALS Caps vs Knights - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 125

Thread: Stanley CUP FINALS Caps vs Knights

  1. #11
    All Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    2,013
    Quote Originally Posted by MSP View Post
    Reaves cross checks Carlson from behind in front of the net. Then gets the puck and scores. No call.
    The thing is they weren't really calling anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

  2. #12
    Moon Blard FLiP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Manayunk
    Posts
    45,665
    DS8 absolutely torched TILTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

    This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

  3. #13
    Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,441
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    DS8 absolutely torched TILTP.

    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TCNow View Post
    The thing is they weren't really calling anything.
    That one you cannot not call. Game altering non call.

  5. #15
    Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    end of the world
    Posts
    36,829
    Quote Originally Posted by MSP View Post
    Why would it be an embarrassment for the league? The ratings for this series are going to be very good.
    I was going to raise that same question, Vegas is not the expansion team of the past. They were able to get some pretty servicable players via the expansion draft. MAF can still play, maybe not for too many more years.
    Media analysis on last nights win, the Vegas 4th line was the difference maker. Of course to Flyer Phlunkies, that would include that loser Pierre-Édouard Bellemare

    “I will be honest with you. It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues that they are satisfied with 128 characters." R Tillerson

  6. #16
    Personally, I think it is absurd that an expansion team is in the finals. To me, it means the pendulum swung too far the other way. I understand wanting them to be competitive but the drive to the Stanley Cup Finals should be a methodical one. Not a 1 year sprint.

  7. #17
    Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Smithville, NJ
    Posts
    63,597
    Didn't watch a second of it. And likely won't going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

    You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

  8. #18
    All Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    2,013
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Personally, I think it is absurd that an expansion team is in the finals. To me, it means the pendulum swung too far the other way. I understand wanting them to be competitive but the drive to the Stanley Cup Finals should be a methodical one. Not a 1 year sprint.
    The thing is though ... that team is NOT that good. The collection of players is much more than the sum of their parts - due to good coaching and maybe some of the other intangibles related to the Vegas story and also the notion that they are all unwanted castoffs with something to prove.

    Nobody looked at that roster when it was put together and said the expansion rules were way too generous and that team will be a Cup contender. They were a consensus pick for last place and had the longest odds to win the Stanley Cup of any team in the league.

    Gallant has done a brilliant job coaching and those players deserve credit for buying into the idea that they will simply skate harder, backcheck faster, win more puck battles than the other team due to consistently giving a better effort form the top to the bottom of their lineup on a night in night out basis.

    The Flyers would easily be winning the cup if their entire team gave 90% as much effort as the average Golden Knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

  9. #19
    Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    end of the world
    Posts
    36,829
    Quote Originally Posted by TCNow View Post
    The thing is though ... that team is NOT that good. The collection of players is much more than the sum of their parts - due to good coaching and maybe some of the other intangibles related to the Vegas story and also the notion that they are all unwanted castoffs with something to prove.

    Nobody looked at that roster when it was put together and said the expansion rules were way too generous and that team will be a Cup contender. They were a consensus pick for last place and had the longest odds to win the Stanley Cup of any team in the league.

    Gallant has done a brilliant job coaching and those players deserve credit for buying into the idea that they will simply skate harder, backcheck faster, win more puck battles than the other team due to consistently giving a better effort form the top to the bottom of their lineup on a night in night out basis.

    The Flyers would easily be winning the cup if their entire team gave 90% as much effort as the average Golden Knight.
    Jasaon Kelce said it, hungry dogs run faster. I don't know if saying they were cast offs, teams had tough choices to make and age and salary played a big part, they exposed some decent veteran players. Give the coach and GM some credit. By winning the Knights have sold some tickets for next season (or 2). They will probably spiral down quickly as they will have to stock a farm system and bring up young players quicker than they might like.

    BTW, Wilson got away with a blindside hit with only an obstruction call. Let's see if the NHL disciplines him. After all he's a "repeat offender".
    What kind of clout does Teddy boy have?
    “I will be honest with you. It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues that they are satisfied with 128 characters." R Tillerson

  10. #20
    I do think it’s hilarious that Vegas is likely going to win the cup. With that said, I don’t believe the rules favored them. That roster looked like it was going to compete for one of the worst in post-lockout history. If they can play anywhere close to this level next season, I’ll be shocked. Good for them though!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •