Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 125

Thread: Stanley CUP FINALS Caps vs Knights

  1. #1
    Waive Shelley Fuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South NJ Pinelands
    Posts
    19,995

    Stanley CUP FINALS Caps vs Knights

    Hoping for a good series.

    Who are you rooting for?

    Am pulling for the Caps to win the Cup.

    One thing I want to see are the Refs letting the teams play. Am hoping they let the physical play go. They did the last two games in the Caps/TB series. Don't want to see 10 PP's every game.

  2. #2
    Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    9,085
    I'm torn. Las Vegas winning would, IMO, be an embarrassment for the league. Part of me would love to see that happen, exposing the NHL for the joke it has become, but part of me doesn't want to see that happen since I'm a fan of the sport. Also, if Vegas wins, the league will spin it into a positive -- a great Cinderella story -- and use it to sell more expansion.

    As for Washington, I don't like Trotz (even though I think he's a good coach) and I don't like the Caps in general, and I don't really want to see a nearby Flyers rival win the Cup.

    I wish they could both lose. Given that's an impossibility, maybe I'll just root for a sweep by whoever wins Game 1 so the league gets the least amount of money out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

  3. #3
    All Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,920
    I don't feel strongly for either team - reasons to root for each and reasons not to ... I'll probably just see whether my emotions starting leaning in the first game.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    I'm torn. Las Vegas winning would, IMO, be an embarrassment for the league. Part of me would love to see that happen, exposing the NHL for the joke it has become, but part of me doesn't want to see that happen since I'm a fan of the sport. Also, if Vegas wins, the league will spin it into a positive -- a great Cinderella story -- and use it to sell more expansion.

    As for Washington, I don't like Trotz (even though I think he's a good coach) and I don't like the Caps in general, and I don't really want to see a nearby Flyers rival win the Cup.

    I wish they could both lose. Given that's an impossibility, maybe I'll just root for a sweep by whoever wins Game 1 so the league gets the least amount of money out of it.
    Why would it be an embarrassment for the league? The ratings for this series are going to be very good.

  5. #5
    Rookie el_nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montgomery County, PA
    Posts
    614
    anyone else think this pre-game "show" is lame as fuck? Just drop the fucking puck already. We don't need this shit.
    "There's no reason why a player is done at 33, 34. They train better, they eat better, they drink better. This isn't the old days when everybody sat around and drank beer." - Bobby Clarke

  6. #6
    Waive Shelley Fuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South NJ Pinelands
    Posts
    19,995
    Quote Originally Posted by el_nino View Post
    anyone else think this pre-game "show" is lame as fuck? Just drop the fucking puck already. We don't need this shit.
    It's awful. Just drop the puck & let the teams decide the game. And these stupid frills are for non hockey fans.

    27 minutes to drop the puck. Ridiculous.

  7. #7
    Reaves cross checks Carlson from behind in front of the net. Then gets the puck and scores. No call.

  8. #8
    Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    22,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Hoping for a good series.

    Who are you rooting for?

    Am pulling for the Caps to win the Cup.

    One thing I want to see are the Refs letting the teams play. Am hoping they let the physical play go. They did the last two games in the Caps/TB series. Don't want to see 10 PP's every game.
    Agreed, I am leaning Caps. I like the Wilson/Ovechkin line. Both teams are going 100mph. The refs were doing pretty well until the Reaves crosscheck prior to the goal.

    And Wilson just flattens Marchessault. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

  9. #9
    Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    22,362
    Marchessault is being a fucking pussy. The hit wasn't even that damn egregious. He is butthurt because someone hit him.

    EDIT: And just as I say that they send him to the "dark room" for concussion protocol.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    I'm torn. Las Vegas winning would, IMO, be an embarrassment for the league. Part of me would love to see that happen, exposing the NHL for the joke it has become, but part of me doesn't want to see that happen since I'm a fan of the sport. Also, if Vegas wins, the league will spin it into a positive -- a great Cinderella story -- and use it to sell more expansion.

    As for Washington, I don't like Trotz (even though I think he's a good coach) and I don't like the Caps in general, and I don't really want to see a nearby Flyers rival win the Cup.

    I wish they could both lose. Given that's an impossibility, maybe I'll just root for a sweep by whoever wins Game 1 so the league gets the least amount of money out of it.
    The only embarrassment is this response, talk about waffling. Did you right that while breaking down in tears sobbing?

    And the answer is easy, Vegas, FUCK the Caps. Vegas has earned it, if they win it is because it is well managed, well coached, and a bunch of players who bought in to winning.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •