Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lou Lamoriello reportedly heading to the Islanders

The Isles have several overpaid forwards in their bottom 6, an "o.k." blueline (had lots of injuries there last year), and shit goaltending.

That being said, watch how fast Lamoriello turns it around..................but, ZE PLAN !!!
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

President of the Carle Defender Club JayPSU's Avatar
    I thought I heard that Tavares was leaving if they got rid of Weight???

Why wouldn't you pick your destination? They earn FA.

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    The Isles have several overpaid forwards in their bottom 6, an "o.k." blueline (had lots of injuries there last year), and shit goaltending.

That being said, watch how fast Lamoriello turns it around..................but, ZE PLAN !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Lamoriello's an old guy getting by on reputation now. The Devils forced him out and are better off now with Shero. The Leafs forced him out, too. Hasn't won anything in 15 years (only got past the 2nd round of the playoffs once in those last 15 years). Missed the playoffs as GM in 5 of his last 6 seasons, and got knocked out in 5 games in the first round this season when he made it.

Seasoned Veteran
    lou is old and has a few years left on earth. he will try to go for it all, whatever that means these days. he dont care about 3-5 years from now. So to compare the isles and flyers situation is apples and oranges imo.
    Pussy Galore

Lou isnt worrying about a ring. He has a few. Hes trying to set it up for his son to take over. When his son takes over, they will have a young pipeline ready to go. People thinking hes in win now mode arent correct. He wont deplete that team for a few successful years.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyers0597 View Post
    Lou isnt worrying about a ring. He has a few. Hes trying to set it up for his son to take over. When his son takes over, they will have a young pipeline ready to go. People thinking hes in win now mode arent correct. He wont deplete that team for a few successful years.
    We shall see
    Pussy Galore

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post

Man, I see a trading partner for Hextall. Flyers have an excess of young defensemen and need "depth" at forward

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”

Mark Twain on the members of Capitol Hill.