Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Video Game Addition - Rumoured to possibly be Rubstov
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Addition - Rumoured to possibly be Rubstov

Rookie

Video Game Addition - Rumoured to possibly be Rubstov

Rumors indicate this may be Rubstov or Juolevi (Canucks); but nothing is confirmed.

“On video games – and I’m not going to say the player’s name,” began Marek. “I really doubt he’s going to make it to the NHL and it’s because of a video game addiction. To the point where his junior general manager told me that they’ve had him go to counseling over it because he’ll play until all hours of the night and into the morning and then he’ll have no energy the next day. He’ll be a write-off. And it is that bad. He has this compulsion for playing video games until all hours.
    “I swore that I wouldn’t say the player’s name. But it’s unfortunate. He’s a recent first-round draft pick for a very, very prominent NHL team – will probably never play in the NHL because of a video game addiction.”

https://frshockey.com/nhl/friedman-d...act-potential/

Seems much more reasonable to be Juolevi. With that said, Rubtsov knows little English, ended up on two French Canadian juniors teams and played on the wing versus center this season. I hope he lives with Vorobyev next season (unless Vorobyev makes the Flyers). I also hope the Flyers get Provorov to help Rubtsov trian to some extent in the offseason. Finally, I hope the Flyers sign another Russian player or two in the AHL to help in making the transition next season for Rubtsov. There’s a rumor out there that Fazleev is heading back to Russia to play next season, so I don’t expect him to be around.

that video was pathetic...christ, get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartnell's_Glove View Post
    Seems much more reasonable to be Juolevi. With that said, Rubtsov knows little English, ended up on two French Canadian juniors teams and played on the wing versus center this season. I hope he lives with Vorobyev next season (unless Vorobyev makes the Flyers). I also hope the Flyers get Provorov to help Rubtsov trian to some extent in the offseason. Finally, I hope the Flyers sign another Russian player or two in the AHL to help in making the transition next season for Rubtsov. There’s a rumor out there that Fazleev is heading back to Russia to play next season, so I don’t expect him to be around.
    Rubstov is a name I haven't seen around much, but I thought he could end up being an important piece. Good size, slid in draft due to the doping issues of team Russia, or something like that, and has offensive skill.

That video is fake but I know kids who would act like that. I just shut my kid down for the summer on his xbox. He has this week only and then after our Memorial Day tournament he is limited to one hour a day. Go dig a ditch, split some fire wood, or go for a hike. No more xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by mammothflyer View Post
    That video is fake but I know kids who would act like that. I just shut my kid down for the summer on his xbox. He has this week only and then after our Memorial Day tournament he is limited to one hour a day. Go dig a ditch, split some fire wood, or go for a hike. No more xbox.
    Well, you can start letting him shoot pucks in the house again..............
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartnell's_Glove View Post
    Considering Marek said, "very, very prominent NHL team," if it's between Juolevi & Rubtsov, I'd guess Rubtsov. The Flyers are a much higher profile franchise than Vancouver. Plus, Rubtsov's play has really dropped off over the last year. Additionally, considering he probably came to Quebec with a huge language and lifestyle barrier, it makes sense that he'd stay in his room playing video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    Well, you can start letting him shoot pucks in the house again..............
    Those days are gone. He has the garage set up but rarely goes down there to play. He is an XBox junkie.

Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Considering Marek said, "very, very prominent NHL team," if it's between Juolevi & Rubtsov, I'd guess Rubtsov. The Flyers are a much higher profile franchise than Vancouver. Plus, Rubtsov's play has really dropped off over the last year. Additionally, considering he probably came to Quebec with a huge language and lifestyle barrier, it makes sense that he'd stay in his room playing video games.
    It’s a podcast in Canada; Vancouver is way more high profile there than the flyers. Could very well be Rubtsov but Vancouver is probably the 3rd most popular team in Canada behind Toronto and Montreal.