Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Hextall
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hextall

Hextall

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...it-shouldnt-be

Another "fuck you" to the fans.

Also, the guy pretending to run the team raves about Hextall.

Yay.

Rookie
    Below quote says it all...he does not care what you think or if you like him.

"I'm not going to do something to make me popular. I'm not going to do something that's going to take away from the success of our team to put a few more people in the stands."

Nor should he — that's not how you general manage.

Don't like him? Tough.

Hate his patience? Sorry.

Hextall can't care about that — he made it clear he's not here to be liked.

I don't have a problem with any of that...all that matters is building a good program...that's why I think it's funny when people say he doesn't have a plan...he has a clear plan, you may not agree with it but he's got a plan and he's sticking to it. You think Lamorillo cared if he was liked or if anyone agreed with him? No good GM would care about any of that....realistically he could be the nicest guy in the world does anyone think that would change what the fans are going to think of him? Stevens the cake baker was a great guy and was run out of town...

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    That opinion piece consists of nothing but rehashed quotes. Nothing new in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Below quote says it all...he does not care what you think or if you like him.

"I'm not going to do something to make me popular. I'm not going to do something that's going to take away from the success of our team to put a few more people in the stands."

Nor should he — that's not how you general manage.

Don't like him? Tough.

Hate his patience? Sorry.

Hextall can't care about that — he made it clear he's not here to be liked.

Yes........unfortunately he is terrible at his job and nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is. Guy barely has a HS degree.

Blog Entries
    There seems to be 2 types of fans in this town now.....

1) Hextall can do no wrong, because he's NOT Holmgren
    2) The people fan type 1 belittle for having a different opinion, because "they want to go back to the Holmgren years" if they suggest something other than patience

I'll give Hextall credit for having a staff that drafts well and for having the guts to do it "his way". That said, his press conference at the end of the year where he professed he, his coaches and his staff all know better than the fans who are complaining about Hakstol or wanting a move here or there, is not something anyone should be spouting off about. This article didn't have new information, but it proudly drew attention to the fact that Hextall's overall attitude is one of not wanting to be questioned.

His plan will EVENTUALLY work, but, if he would just make 1-2 moves to accelerate it, it'd happen a lot sooner and there wouldn't be this division among fans where fan group 1 and fan group 2 feel like they're rooting for 2 different teams.
    Much like Ron Hextall, I will not mortgage my future posts on rental posts.

Most of that article's comments are spot on..........

1/3 of the Flyers cap is tied up in soft, unmotivated players. Is that "Ze Plan"?

Meanwhile, an expansion team is on the verge of a Cup appearance, with a real shot at winning, with castoffs from other teams...................
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

All Star
    A 3 time cup winning goalie was a “castoff”? LV is playing above and beyond but some of those pieces fell into their laps due to the new expansion rules. And the perfect coach, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidal22 View Post
    His plan will EVENTUALLY work, but, if he would just make 1-2 moves to accelerate it, it'd happen a lot sooner and there wouldn't be this division among fans where fan group 1 and fan group 2 feel like they're rooting for 2 different teams.
    I really like what Shero has done with the Devils...Vatanen and Hall are two great additions....would love Hextall to make similar hockey type moves

All Star
    Its bern my experience in life that education as a rule is vastly over rated when it comes to determining proficiency in any job. Some of the smartest folks I know barely made it out of HS. Some of the wealthiest, too.