Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carchidi thinks Neuvirth is on the block

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    A Neuvirth buyout would take his $2.5M cap hit for next season, and turn it into a mere $1M cap hit for next season, and a piddling $750k cap hit the following year.

I see no problem with that if they want to go with a different backup in the NHL, want to go with young goalies in the AHL, and don't want to freeze out a disgruntled goalie from playing for an entire season while keeping him in the organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    before you go that route it makes sense to try and find someone that may be interested in him...I doubt they'll find a suitor but it's worth a shot.
    Of course, trade him first if the option is there. That option is suspect at best, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Mrazek should be allowed to walk. No way should we give up another pick to bring him back.

So Lyon as backup to Elliot? Putting a lot of trust into Hart being ready soon. I like him but that is concerning at the nhl level for a team that hopes to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Mrazek should be allowed to walk. No way should we give up another pick to bring him back.
    ya, he's most certainly done....

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    So Lyon as backup to Elliot? Putting a lot of trust into Hart being ready soon. I like him but that is concerning at the nhl level for a team that hopes to improve.
    that's just my guess

Seasoned Veteran
    Some team will take glass joe if Ronald eats half for a conditional 7th.

There isn’t a lot of room to keep the status quo. They need to move on from at least one and maybe 2. Do they walk away from stolarz?

Coming back with Elliot and Lyon is bad strategy imo and would piss me off if I was a current player on the team.
    Pussy Galore

After what happened last season with the Flyers getting down the goalie # 4 on the depth chart, I would not be surprised if they keep Neuvirth and just waive him and send him to the AHL.

Yeah, the old saying in baseball is "you can never have enough pitching", well, with with the Flyers it's "you can never have enough Goalies".
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!