Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
This is going to be a ratings nightmare
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is going to be a ratings nightmare

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar

This is going to be a ratings nightmare

I love it!

Washington is the biggest market left. LMAO!!!!!

They are going to be hard selling the SHIT out of the Vegas story to get people to watch. Winnipeg is going to be getting hosed by the zebras.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

You think they are bad now...wait until Tampa plays Winnipeg in the finals!!

It will EASILY be the lowest rated finals in modern history.

All Star
    I can’t think the NHL cares about ratings much anymore. Even with big markets or stars in they get terrible ratings.

I wonder what would be the highest rated finals? Is it as easy as saying NY and LA ? Or maybe CHI and NY?

I would bet that the flyers still bring in good ratings nationally no matter their opponent in a SCF

IIRC, Philly vs. Chicago in 2010 was the highest rated finals of this century.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Expansion fees keep the league alive while at the same time watering down talent and contributing to it's long term death. And I guess Canada is still interested no matter what. Just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOCNJ View Post
    Expansion fees keep the league alive while at the same time watering down talent and contributing to it's long term death. And I guess Canada is still interested no matter what. Just my guess.
    agree. have contended for years the NHL is a pyramid scheme based on expansion fees and doesn't care about ratings. when was the last time they talked about them? seems like years. it's a shame too as i watch a good part of that game last night and it was a great game. these two teams hate each other from the jump. DC/Vegas would get passible ratings in my opinion, any iteration other than that will as potter said be a horror show.

oh, as an aside, watching the PGA yesterday don't recall seeing more than a brief mention or two of the game last night. if pittsburgh had been in it it would have been vomitus.

ocean is right-they don't care.....
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

“I don’t know if it was food poisoning or flu or what,” Richards said. “I just didn’t feel very well.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

All of Canada supporting WPG, good to see a Canadian team get this far again
    Win today and we walk together forever - Fred Shero

Hockey Threads! It's a Miracle!
    If the Jets make the finals all of Canada will be watching.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Winnipeg v. Washington would actually be a hell of a Cup Final.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.