Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Capitals vs Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    the lost it on the PP...gave one up to Stamkos again and couldn't convert on their 4/5 chances.

I have to say if you watched the box score you'd think Stamkos is playing a hell of a series. Watching him each of these games it's amazing how absolutely invisible he is. He does nothing 5 on 5 and even on the PP...4 guys pass it around and then feed him for his amazing shot. Full credit for being a great shooter and scoring goals but if he's not scoring goals he's providing absolutely ZERO.
    It's not just Stamkos. The whole TB offense has been invisible this series outside of the PP. At some point in last night's game they went 21 minutes without registering a shot on net. Washington had all the pressure and then Holtby gave up a soft back-breaking goal. It really reminded me of those 90s Flyers-Devils games.

Tampa wins their 3rd straight to go up 3-2.

One thing I noticed at the end of the game the last 2 games was how Ovechkin was at the point the entire time the Capitals had the extra attacker. He was also the one going back to get the puck and carry it up the ice.

I don't get why you would turn the most dynamic player on your team into a predictable and low-percentage one-timer while Carlson stands at the left circle.

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSP View Post
    Tampa wins their 3rd straight to go up 3-2.

One thing I noticed at the end of the game the last 2 games was how Ovechkin was at the point the entire time the Capitals had the extra attacker. He was also the one going back to get the puck and carry it up the ice.

I don't get why you would turn the most dynamic player on your team into a predictable and low-percentage one-timer while Carlson stands at the left circle.
    because uncontested he can fire a laser

As long as I have watched the Caps, Ovechkin has always been up high on the PP. Caps have lived off the PP and in particular "the great 8" getting a shot off from the point.
    If he doesn't score, someone usually gets the redirection.
    “Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”

Mark Twain on the members of Capitol Hill.

Not a good night for Coburn so far. First he gets absolutely obliterated by Ovechkin then a few minutes later takes a dumb penalty right in front of the ref that leads to a Caps PP goal.

Old Time hockey tonight. So far the Refs have let them play.
    The Caps are hitting TB all over the ice. Some big hits.

1-0 Caps after two periods.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionBreath View Post
    It's not just Stamkos. The whole TB offense has been invisible this series outside of the PP. At some point in last night's game they went 21 minutes without registering a shot on net. Washington had all the pressure and then Holtby gave up a soft back-breaking goal. It really reminded me of those 90s Flyers-Devils games.
    The 2004 East finals were like that..........Ragnarsson broke his hand, Esche sucked when the Flyers were shorthanded, and Tampa's PP (and fucking Fedotenko) took over the series. I remember looking at the stats after that series and a ton of Flyers were +'s and a lot of Lightning players were minuses.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Caps win.

Heading to game 7 Wednesday night.

Hockey Threads! It's a Miracle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Old Time hockey tonight. So far the Refs have let them play.
    The Caps are hitting TB all over the ice. Some big hits.

1-0 Caps after two periods.
    Despite the NHL lap boy Pierre bitching about Tom Wilson's hit being interference even though the Lightning player had just let the puck go. Even Eddie had to tell the little walking penis that in slow motion it looks like a penalty but wasn't.

Caps played a good, heavy game last night...was fun to watch.

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Was nice seeing the refs letting them play, relatively speaking. That was a really entertaining game. I do believe Vegas would wipe their ass with either of these teams tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.