Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Capitals vs Lightning

Caps winning 4-2 heading into the 3rd period.

Caps absolutely dominating this series 5 on 5 and at the beginning/end of periods.

TB got two early penalties that were both bad calls and scored on them both and stopped playing after the first 6 or so minutes. TB better wake up quick or this series is done. Too many turnovers and way too many high percentage opportunities

Hockey Threads! It's a Miracle!
    could this finally be the year for the Caps? They have won multiple President trophies and always choked.
    Last edited by Eztarget; 05-14-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eztarget View Post
    could this finally be the year fir tge Caps? They have won multiple President trophies and always choked.
    looking good so far...they have an interesting mix on their team...some good role players, high skill players.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eztarget View Post
    could this finally be the year fir tge Caps? They have won multiple President trophies and always choked.
    I got into a debate with someone two years ago (off board) after the Capitals lost in the 2nd round to Pitt. They said the Caps should "blow it up" and trade Ovechkin, as it was clear they were never going to win in the playoffs as constructed with him as their focal point. I said there's a lot of luck in the playoffs, they have a great team, and they shouldn't just overreact and give up on it, as it's hard to find players like Ovechkin. He vehemently disagreed, saying they'd never win anything with Ovy, and they should cash in on him and start over.

Well, they stayed the course. Won the President's Trophy last season, but again lost to Pitt in the playoffs with Ovechkin playing on one leg (hey, Pitt is a great team). But this season their patience is paying off. I think fans often get too into the absolutes like "you'll never win with player ___," when in reality there's a very fine line between most teams and a lot of chance involved. People said the same thing about Carter, and he won multiple Cups in LA with big time playoff performances. Patience is a virtue.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

So the Flyers should build around *****?

Series ain't over yet. Vasilevsky steals game 4, in which the Caps absolutely dominated. 2-2 now.

Typical caps playoff game, beat the snot out of a team w/o a goal, then give up a game winner late. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by OnionBreath View Post
    Series ain't over yet. Vasilevsky steals game 4, in which the Caps absolutely dominated. 2-2 now.
    the lost it on the PP...gave one up to Stamkos again and couldn't convert on their 4/5 chances.

I have to say if you watched the box score you'd think Stamkos is playing a hell of a series. Watching him each of these games it's amazing how absolutely invisible he is. He does nothing 5 on 5 and even on the PP...4 guys pass it around and then feed him for his amazing shot. Full credit for being a great shooter and scoring goals but if he's not scoring goals he's providing absolutely ZERO.