Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Winnipeg vs Nashville - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg vs Nashville

Its the same thing with the TB and Baaston series. It should be the conference championship and it would be much better. NHLOL tho..

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Surprisingly, it's not as different as it seems.

Laine was the 2nd overall pick and played right out of his draft year. Same thing for the Flyers with Patrick.

Konecny actually beat Kyle Connor to the NHL as a regular, even though Konecny was drafted 7 picks later.
    Provorov also beat Connor to the NHL as a regular from that draft. They both also beat Roslovic, taken one pick after Konecny.

Scheifele was 7th overall in 2011; didn't become a regular until 13/14; Couturier went one pick later and became a regular right out of the gate.

Ehlers beat Sanheim, becoming a regular after one extra season in juniors, but Ehlers was 9th and a much better prospect than Sanheim at 17.

Morrissey was taken two picks after Morin and beat him to the NHL as a regular, but that's because Morrissey is simply a better player and Morin in retrospect looks like a bad pick at 11.

Trouba beat Laughton to the NHL, but Trouba was taken at 9 and Laughton at 20 in a thin draft. Trouba was simply a much better prospect from the get-go.
    Interesting to look at these picks each in their own vacuum.

And I'm not trying to keep belaboring Morin's situation but at one time he was the most 'important' prospect in the organization and ironically was touted as everything they now have in Provorov. I posted the comparison of how many NHL GP each of the DMen taken in the first round that year played, and Morin is behind by miles. Having said that, it's hard for me to believe he was that far behind any of those guys, skill wise, coming out of that draft. He should've been playing before now. It's possible his development has been mishandled.

Not to say he's can't have a productive career, and if he becomes like Provorov that's a great situation with Gost. I'm just saying the Flyers fumbled him a little bit and still don't even know what they have. JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    Interesting to look at these picks each in their own vacuum.

And I'm not trying to keep belaboring Morin's situation but at one time he was the most 'important' prospect in the organization and ironically was touted as everything they now have in Provorov. I posted the comparison of how many NHL GP each of the DMen taken in the first round that year played, and Morin is behind by miles. Having said that, it's hard for me to believe he was that far behind any of those guys, skill wise, coming out of that draft. He should've been playing before now. It's possible his development has been mishandled.

Not to say he's can't have a productive career, and if he becomes like Provorov that's a great situation with Gost. I'm just saying the Flyers fumbled him a little bit and still don't even know what they have. JMO

Go back to draft day. I think I recall you and I both in agreement that Morin would be a huge project and may take 5 years to get to the NHL. I wanted them to pick Domi at the time, who was the very next pick, because I thought he could help the team immediately. That's not to say I am anti Morin. It would be great if they were patient with him at this point, because he could still turn into a dominant force on the blueline.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Go back to draft day. I think I recall you and I both in agreement that Morin would be a huge project and may take 5 years to get to the NHL. I wanted them to pick Domi at the time, who was the very next pick, because I thought he could help the team immediately. That's not to say I am anti Morin. It would be great if they were patient with him at this point, because he could still turn into a dominant force on the blueline.
    TRUTH. Now that you mention it I do remember being a little salty about how long they projected him out that night. Like you said, it wasn't being anti-Morin, it was more about wanting someone to contribute immediately. But since then I think I started getting caught up in believing the Flyers were overcooking him. It's hard to look at some of those other guys from his class and not think he shouldn't be in the NHL already. I hope he is a dominant force for them because I am pulling for him more than any other prospect in the org to succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Agreed. Taking a project isn't necessarily a bad thing but it has to be done at the right cost and the potential return has to warrant the overlooking of safer prospects (with maybe not as high a ceiling). Additionally, when looking back the 5 year project for a team with no farm depth who desperately needed NHL defensemen seems like a poor choice at that spot. If they took a player like that today in the situation that the Flyers are in it would make a TON more sense because you can afford to miss and if he hits he makes a good NHL blue line and pipeline that much better. When you are trying to build a pipeline laying the foundation on a project isn't a solid strategy.

All that being said, this is monday morning QBing...if he was on the Flyers looking like a stud this wouldn't be an issue and everyone would be high fiving. I still hope he works out but the good thing is if he doesn't or he gets moved they still have a good foundation. It looks like he may play on Saturday...let's hope he does, he doesn't reinjure and looks great.

Agree on Morin. These huge defencemen take years to develop. I’d rather keep him and watch him fail than move him and watch him develop into the next Chara somewhere else. I haven’t soured on him at all. But they need to start playing him. His injuries really derailed him this year, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    Agree on Morin. These huge defencemen take years to develop. I’d rather keep him and watch him fail than move him and watch him develop into the next Chara somewhere else. I haven’t soured on him at all. But they need to start playing him. His injuries really derailed him this year, obviously.
    ya, this was a big year for him and it has largely been wasted unfortunately.

Winnipeg bitcb slapping the press in game 5

Up 6-2 going to have a chance to EIN the series at home. Will have an insane atmosphere Monday

Rinne and Bobrovsky always come up small in the playoffs..............
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    Rinne and Bobrovsky always come up small in the playoffs..............
    you mean the same Pecca Rinne that took his team to the finals last year? 1.96 GAA & .930 save%