Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg vs Nashville

Winnipeg vs Nashville

Didn't see a thread for this.

Winnipeg up 2-1 game 4 tonight from the peg.

Gotta admit that the Jets are much better than I thought and they have a real legit chance to beat Nashville. The atmosphere and home ice advantage in Winnipeg is critical and it's probably the loudest building in the league....second to Nashville.

The Jets made the smart decision to play their younger prospects and live through the pain and now they are reaping the benefits. I wish the Flyers would do that same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    The Jets made the smart decision to play their younger prospects and live through the pain and now they are reaping the benefits. I wish the Flyers would do that same thing.

totally agree...you don't see any garbage like Weise and Lehtera on the jets...

You guys have to be kidding. The Flyers are pretty much following the Jets plan. Cheveldayoff didn’t make a single trade for four years at one point. Had one lottery win (Laine) and built while being semi-competitive. Had mediocre goaltending till Hellebuyck was ready. They don’t have crap depth now but that’s after years of developing their own slowly.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Surprisingly, it's not as different as it seems.

Laine was the 2nd overall pick and played right out of his draft year. Same thing for the Flyers with Patrick.
    Konecny actually beat Kyle Connor to the NHL as a regular, even though Konecny was drafted 7 picks later. Provorov also beat Connor to the NHL as a regular from that draft. They both also beat Roslovic, taken one pick after Konecny.
    Scheifele was 7th overall in 2011; didn't become a regular until 13/14; Couturier went one pick later and became a regular right out of the gate.
    Ehlers beat Sanheim, becoming a regular after one extra season in juniors, but Ehlers was 9th and a much better prospect than Sanheim at 17.
    Morrissey was taken two picks after Morin and beat him to the NHL as a regular, but that's because Morrissey is simply a better player and Morin in retrospect looks like a bad pick at 11.
    Trouba beat Laughton to the NHL, but Trouba was taken at 9 and Laughton at 20 in a thin draft. Trouba was simply a much better prospect from the get-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

It's a damn shame they're playing in the second round. This should be a Western finals matchup. I hate the new NHL seeding structure.

Quote Originally Posted by coop3422 View Post
    It's a damn shame they're playing in the second round. This should be a Western finals matchup. I hate the new NHL seeding structure.
    I feel the same way. Both teams are better then either in the other Western playoffs.

I picked the Jets to win the Cup at the start of the playoffs. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    I feel the same way. Both teams are better then either in the other Western playoffs.

I had them losing to the Bruins in the Final. They just don't lose at home.

The Flyers are pretty much following the Jets approach. It took the Jets 7 years to get to this point.

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by coop3422 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

Agreed and agreed. The Jets are no joke. It sucks one team from this series has to go home.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.