Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: How much would you give up for the #3 Overall Draft Pick?

  1. #51
    Only because I don't see them resigning him. So if they don't trade him at the draft he most likely walks for nothing as they should be in the play-off hunt again and if they are they won't trade him at the deadline. And I don't like the idea of losing him for nothing.

    You also need to give Chicago something that would constitute immediate improvement on their team or else I doubt they would be inclined to trade back.

  2. #52
    Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    18,786
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Just an idea that popped into my head ... Chicago will be desperate to turn things around and get right back into the play-offs after last season with their core getting older. What about trading Simmonds plus the #14 to move up to Chicago's #8. It's only 6 slots so you think that should be enough. Maybe throw in a lower level pick. And select Wahlstrom as he seems like a great fit for what the Flyers need which is a pure goal scorer. And then take the best player available at 19. Use the money saved on Simmonds to sign Tavares.

    Giroux-Tavares-Konecny
    Lindblom-Patrick-????
    ???? - Couturier-Voracek
    Taveres is not coming here cuz he is worried about "Couts" being #1C.
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Only because I don't see them resigning him. So if they don't trade him at the draft he most likely walks for nothing as they should be in the play-off hunt again and if they are they won't trade him at the deadline. And I don't like the idea of losing him for nothing.

    You also need to give Chicago something that would constitute immediate improvement on their team or else I doubt they would be inclined to trade back.
    Who cares if they do not resign him, his contract comes off the books and they can spend that on Konecny and Provorov. Contract year I expect Simmonds to be better, even if he has a decent year and Flyers are out of the playoffs you get more then instead of trading low now. With the two picks I want them to move into the top three, maybe five, to get a NHL ready talent. Chicago's pick does nothing for them except set them back for Simmonds.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Taveres is not coming here cuz he is worried about "Couts" being #1C.
    Coots would become 3C even though it would break TLTP's heart. Patrick is already ahead of the curve on progress, Coots needs to be a Selke candidate who helps on the PK and matchups. Up a goal he gets more minutes, down a goal he provides leadership from the bench.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    Who cares if they do not resign him, his contract comes off the books and they can spend that on Konecny and Provorov. Contract year I expect Simmonds to be better, even if he has a decent year and Flyers are out of the playoffs you get more then instead of trading low now. With the two picks I want them to move into the top three, maybe five, to get a NHL ready talent. Chicago's pick does nothing for them except set them back for Simmonds.
    I care because they will most likely not win a Cup next season. Philosophically, the only reason for letting a player walk for nothing is if you have a legitimate shot at the cup. If you don't and you don't plan on resigning that player, you should try to turn that player into another asset.

  6. #56
    Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    end of the world
    Posts
    36,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black View Post
    I can see both sides of the argument regarding keeping or trading the #1s. The question is....how is Hextall going to make this team better next year, & also long term. Are these two thoughts contradictory, or can he do both with the same actions. Should the 2 picks be considered currency or not?
    It depends. Deep draft doesn't mean much, if they can get a difference maker with one of those picks (#14) then probably it would be wise to hold on two both.
    On the flip side, if they need to move in to the top 10 to get a difference maker, then they have to do it. Flyers are beyond just needing quality bodies, they need difference makes, stars, a player that will come into the NHL and make the opening day roster, someone who can produce from the start, not need a few years.
    “Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”

    Mark Twain on the members of Capitol Hill.


  7. #57
    Waive Shelley Fuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South NJ Pinelands
    Posts
    19,566
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Just an idea that popped into my head ... Chicago will be desperate to turn things around and get right back into the play-offs after last season with their core getting older. What about trading Simmonds plus the #14 to move up to Chicago's #8. It's only 6 slots so you think that should be enough. Maybe throw in a lower level pick. And select Wahlstrom as he seems like a great fit for what the Flyers need which is a pure goal scorer. And then take the best player available at 19. Use the money saved on Simmonds to sign Tavares.

    Giroux-Tavares-Konecny
    Lindblom-Patrick-????
    ???? - Couturier-Voracek
    I'd like to see Tavares here as much as anyone. He's a true 1C. But let's be honest. The chance of him being on the roster in September is probably around 1%.

  8. #58
    Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Not in Chiraq
    Posts
    20,716
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Taveres is not coming here cuz he is worried about "Couts" being #1C.
    He would make an amazing coach though. Did you see his stats from Jr's.?
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.” General James Mattis

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyersailor View Post
    He would make an amazing coach though. Did you see his stats from Jr's.?
    He outscored Giroux and even Giroux did not get nominated for the Hart.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •