Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
How much would you give up for the #3 Overall Draft Pick? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: How much would you give up for the #3 Overall Draft Pick?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Lmao at group 3 and the “we” shit.
    LMAO at how easily that triggers you.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartnell's_Glove View Post
    Couple things to throw out there:

    3. There is NOT a drop off in talent after #9. There is a drop off in CONSENSUS after #9– translation: your amateur scouts are about to earn their paychecks.
    Wouldnt there be a drop in consensus because there’s also a talent drop? Scouts are earning their paycheques because there’s obviously talent but it’s less clear which player is better than the next once you get out of the top 9.

    There’s always tiers. In this draft, there’s the top 2, the first four, and then the top 9.

    From reading your posts before, I’d bet you know all this. So not getting your point.

  3. #13
    I don’t believe there’s a top 2 in this draft. There’s a top 1, then another 3, then another 5 who scouts agree are in that range, then a slew of players who scouts rank differently. The level of talent always becomes less clear as you mentioned. But there’s a good chance the Flyers end up with someone at 14 (if they keep it) that ends up being as good or better than a player being picked in that 5-9 range.

    The Flyers shouldn’t trade up unless they’re getting into the top 2. If they trade into #3, they shouldn’t do it until they’re 100% certain the player they covet in the draft is still available to them at that spot. Trading before the 1 and 2 selections are announced should be a no-go.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartnell's_Glove View Post
    I don’t believe there’s a top 2 in this draft. There’s a top 1, then another 3, then another 5 who scouts agree are in that range, then a slew of players who scouts rank differently. The level of talent always becomes less clear as you mentioned. But there’s a good chance the Flyers end up with someone at 14 (if they keep it) that ends up being as good or better than a player being picked in that 5-9 range.

    The Flyers shouldn’t trade up unless they’re getting into the top 2. If they trade into #3, they shouldn’t do it until they’re 100% certain the player they covet in the draft is still available to them at that spot. Trading before the 1 and 2 selections are announced should be a no-go.
    There’s a top 2. There’s no way Svechnikov doesn’t go 2nd. The Hurricanes also desperately need a player like him. I’m not playing draft expert in saying that. From everything I’ve read there’s the obvious two picks, and then likely Zadina at 3. But not as much of a lock as Dahlin/Svechnikov going 1 and 2.

    As to the rest, I agree. Probably just the way I phrased the original post that you interpreted differently.

  5. #15
    All Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    There’s a top 2. There’s no way Svechnikov doesn’t go 2nd. The Hurricanes also desperately need a player like him. I’m not playing draft expert in saying that. From everything I’ve read there’s the obvious two picks, and then likely Zadina at 3. But not as much of a lock as Dahlin/Svechnikov going 1 and 2.

    As to the rest, I agree. Probably just the way I phrased the original post that you interpreted differently.
    Ya, you are both right in the sense that ... there's a separate tier from Dahlin to Svechnikov, so its not a top 2, its a top 1, but you are right in that, there's almost certainty that Svechnikov goes 2, so he''s the second tier, and then the next 4 or 5 guys after are debatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

  6. #16
    Waive Shelley Fuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South NJ Pinelands
    Posts
    20,314
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post
    It would be incredible if they get the third pick.

    I actually think that is a fair proposal. The only change is that maybe they deal Simmonds for another first rounder and include that pick. So essentially three first rounders. Then I would leave out Morin.
    Also my thoughts as well.
    If they included Simmonds or the picks they received from dealing him, it's possible.

  7. #17
    Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    18,050
    Another pipe dream.
    There will be no trade into the top 10, no Tavares and no Carlson.
    But your GM and front office will try real hard.

  8. #18
    Waive Shelley Fuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South NJ Pinelands
    Posts
    20,314
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    Another pipe dream.
    There will be no trade into the top 10, no Tavares and no Carlson.
    But your GM and front office will try real hard.
    Thanks for ruining my afternoon Zeus.

    Was just dreaming of having Brady Tkachuk on this team.

  9. #19
    Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    18,050
    Sorry but until Hextall actually makes a trade/signing that makes the team better currently and not into same unnamed future point, I just don't believe he is capable or willing.

  10. #20
    Waive Shelley Fuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South NJ Pinelands
    Posts
    20,314
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    Sorry but until Hextall actually makes a trade/signing that makes the team better currently and not into same unnamed future point, I just don't believe he is capable or willing.
    Was just kidding you!!! LOL

    I think this summer there's a little more of a likely-hood of Hextall doing something more adventurous, as he has more Cap space to work with.
    However, IMO, even next season this team is not close to being a true contender.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •