Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
How much would you give up for the #3 Overall Draft Pick?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much would you give up for the #3 Overall Draft Pick?

Rookie

Question How much would you give up for the #3 Overall Draft Pick?

Rumor is that Habs might move it?

How much along with the #14 & #19 2018 Draft picks would you be willing to give up?

I saw someone suggest that it to probably get the #3 overall it would cost along the lines of:

#14 Overall
    #19 Overall
    Simmonds
    Morin

Thoughts?

It would be incredible if they get the third pick.

I actually think that is a fair proposal. The only change is that maybe they deal Simmonds for another first rounder and include that pick. So essentially three first rounders. Then I would leave out Morin.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post

How much along with the #14 & #19 2018 Draft picks would you be willing to give up?

I saw someone suggest that it to probably get the #3 overall it would cost along the lines of:

#14 Overall
    #19 Overall
    Simmonds
    Morin

Thoughts?
    Awful. Terrible. That's an old NHL deal, not a current one. You don't give up 4 valuable assets for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

All Star

#14 Overall
    #19 Overall
    Simmonds
    Morin

Thoughts?
    2 maybes, a young roster d (because he is now) and a top 6 forward of which they need more not less for ONE maybe. Albeit a slightly better maybe.

No thanks.

I thought everyone was looking to ADD for next season and get better for NOW. That ridiculous proposal is going backwards.

They keep those 2 picks and take the best player on the board unless they are getting involved in a deal for a top 6 winger true sniper.

Montreal is weak at the NHL level and has a very thin farm system. They will surely listen to offers but no way I would give them more than 14, 19 and a B level prospect for 3. Otherwise keep the picks as they can certainly end up doing well with what they have. Barzel looks pretty good right now and I think he was 15 last year.

At one point, the Habs coveted Sam Morin. Not sure if that's changed, but it'd be pretty easy to see him involved in any Montreal deal. But the Flyers don't need to overpay to get to #3, and they'd never trade that much for a pick. It moves us backwards.

If we move up, I'd imagine it's more like pick 19 + a 2nd to get pick 15 (or something like that). We're not getting into the top 3. And we're unlikely to crack the top 9. Supposedly after the 9th pick there's a fairly big drop-off.

Gostisbehere and Couturier + 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Lmao at group 3 and the “we” shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Couple things to throw out there:
    1. Montreal didn’t know they had the #3 pick until last night around 9:30PM. So I’m skeptical there is a legitimate “rumor” they might move it. This sounds like HFBoards speculation that someone brought up because...
    2. Montreal doesn’t have a legit top-end center. They’re also weak on D. The top rated prospects in this draft are at D and Wing. In the 3 spot, you’ve already missed Dahlin (D) and you would be reaching if you took anything aside from wingers (whomever is available of Zadina, Svechnikov, and Tkachuk).
    3. There is NOT a drop off in talent after #9. There is a drop off in CONSENSUS after #9– translation: your amateur scouts are about to earn their paychecks.

Picks 14 and 19 get you a possible player in a couple years, #3 could get you a player like Zadina who is a LW and could fit in fairly soon. If they sign Tavares I would absolutely trade this picks and any of the D-men not in the NHL, including Morin who is not shown much and been injured.