Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
2018 Draft Prospects - Page 8
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Draft Prospects

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    ya, that was the case...at the end of the day you're still dealing with kids and they mature at different times and sometimes the jump can be dramatic.

I can see it to a similar extent with my son...he was a good, upper middle of the pack player early on and got better as he went along....he's 13 now and had a huge growth spurt over the past couple years and is now nearly 6' 3" and while he was gangly and a bit uncoordinated for a year or so, over the past 6 months his game has exploded and where he was outclassed by AA or AAA players 2 years ago, he's now playing as good as/better than most of those kids. A lot can change in these kids sometimes in a very short time.
    what team does he play for? what level
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    what team does he play for? what level
    he's a 2nd year Bantam A player (was the only '04 to make the A last year) and he's on the same club team as he's been on since he started. We seriously thought of moving him this year to a better program but he wanted to stick with the kids he's played with since he started playing. He'll also be playing high school next year so he can play in A and get a ton of ice time / opportunity as opposed to going to program we haven't been with and you never know about the politics/ice time/time commitment expectation (high school will come first and that may not work).

Bryce Salvador runs a program over the summer of AA/AAA kids and he'll play for that squad. Bryce actually has a training facility near us and he does synthetic / off ice training with him and a Devil's trainer once a week which he loves....there are only 5 kids in his class so he's getting one on one training with a pro (and really nice guy). All that being said, he loves it which is what counts at the end of the day and like all of us he'll end up in the beer leagues....MAYBE division 3 in college if he keeps progressing as he's been...

Seasoned Veteran
    he's a 2nd year Bantam A player (was the only '04 to make the A last year) and he's on the same club team as he's been on since he started. We seriously thought of moving him this year to a better program but he wanted to stick with the kids he's played with since he started playing. He'll also be playing high school next year so he can play in A and get a ton of ice time / opportunity as opposed to going to program we haven't been with and you never know about the politics/ice time/time commitment expectation (high school will come first and that may not work).

Bryce Salvador runs a program over the summer of AA/AAA kids and he'll play for that squad. Bryce actually has a training facility near us and he does synthetic / off ice training with him and a Devil's trainer once a week which he loves....there are only 5 kids in his class so he's getting one on one training with a pro (and really nice guy). All that being said, he loves it which is what counts at the end of the day and like all of us he'll end up in the beer leagues....MAYBE division 3 in college if he keeps progressing as he's been...
    stay away from the nj titans...

well a 2nd year bantam playing A level isnt likely getting any college offers
    Pussy Galore

stay away from the nj titans...

well a 2nd year bantam playing A level isnt likely getting any college offers
    funny you mention them...a couple of those AAA players I was referring to are on the Titans and the team we were thinking about....they live in our town and play with my son on the pre-high school spring team.

In reality 99% of these kids aren't getting college offers...these days kids are going to USHL playing there until they're 20 and then getting offers for schools. it's nuts

Seasoned Veteran
    funny you mention them...a couple of those AAA players I was referring to are on the Titans and the team we were thinking about....they live in our town and play with my son on the pre-high school spring team.

In reality 99% of these kids aren't getting college offers...these days kids are going to USHL playing there until they're 20 and then getting offers for schools. it's nuts
    Their AAA program at 04 level is a joke. It’s really not true AAA as barely even AA.

If Ur not getting noticed by 16u odds are very very against u going anywhere.
    Pussy Galore

Their AAA program at 04 level is a joke. It’s really not true AAA as barely even AA.

ya, I've come to find that most of these programs charge twice as much for what's essentially a bunch of good A players which is another reason why we didn't end up moving.

Holy shit a sane hockey parent who let's their kid play for the love of the game. I applaud you, sir.

There are always exceptions but you are 100% correct. If you are not being recruited by the time you are entering freshman year, your chances are slim. It's a shame seeing these poor kids who are going no where being pushed so hard that you know they will quit the game.

Banger, can you let me know if you hear of any camps from June 15 to July 2nd? I did a search but didn't find any at a quick glance. My kid is also a 2nd year bantam. Thanks

Edit: he will be back east visiting family and would like to get some ice time in. I may show up for a few days but am slammed at work.

Quote Originally Posted by mammothflyer View Post
    Holy shit a sane hockey parent who let's their kid play for the love of the game. I applaud you, sir.

There are always exceptions but you are 100% correct. If you are not being recruited by the time you are entering freshman year, your chances are slim. It's a shame seeing these poor kids who are going no where being pushed so hard that you know they will quit the game.

Banger, can you let me know if you hear of any camps from June 15 to July 2nd? I did a search but didn't find any at a quick glance. My kid is also a 2nd year bantam. Thanks

Edit: he will be back east visiting family and would like to get some ice time in. I may show up for a few days but am slammed at work.
    I'm not sure of the dates but this is the program he's been working with...I'm not sure if they have the league info on this site but does on-ice training (can do a single session or packages and it's for AA/AAA players) and has a summer league as well.

http://everythinghockey.xhockeyprodu...e-train-bryce/

Seasoned Veteran
    ya, I've come to find that most of these programs charge twice as much for what's essentially a bunch of good A players which is another reason why we didn't end up moving.
    yes they do charge way more and the travel is a lot. All letter chasing parents who like to say their kid plays tier 1 at the country club.

way to many tier 1 team in Pa and Nj; nowhere near enough talent to support it.
    Pussy Galore

yes they do charge way more and the travel is a lot. All letter chasing parents who like to say their kid plays tier 1 at the country club.

way to many tier 1 team in Pa and Nj; nowhere near enough talent to support it.
    agree 100%