Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by mr.halloween View Post
    If Ty Smith or Evan Bouchard are there Hextall better take one of them. I don't care that we have 832 defensemen in the system. Half of them will bust anyway.
    If he falls to 14,Bouchard would be the pick I'd make. Saw him a few times this year.He makes the breakout pass better than some vets in the league.The only big question is his speed.Didn't see Smith as I didn't see many WHL games.

Quote Originally Posted by KTJMcG View Post
    If he falls to 14,Bouchard would be the pick I'd make. Saw him a few times this year.He makes the breakout pass better than some vets in the league.The only big question is his speed.Didn't see Smith as I didn't see many WHL games.
    ya, you routinely see both those guys going from 8th to 14-15 in mock drafts so it's possible one drops....every year a "consensus" top 10 player or two drop down due to other teams needs, reaching for another player, etc..

it will be interesting because as things stand right now you have Detroit (5), Van (6), Chicago (7), Rangers (8), Edmonton (9), Isles (10), Carolina (11), Isles (12), Dallas (13) then the Flyers...every single one of those teams with the exception of Carolina and maybe Dallas desperately needs defensemen so there can/will likely be a big run on dmen which may allow a good forward/center or two to unexpectedly drop.

This is mock with links to all the players. http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/04/...ttery-edition/

on on the nhl network now is the u18 championship...us vs Finland. Probably 10 first round picks playing...both Finns, farabee, Wilde, Wahlstrom,
    Last edited by Banger; 04-29-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    This is mock with links to all the players. http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/04/...ttery-edition/

on on the nhl network now is the u18 championship...us vs Finland. Probably 10 first round picks playing...both Finns, farabee, Wilde, Wahlstrom,
    In that mock, if Tkachuk falls to #7, I can see the Flyers attempting a move with their two 1st to get him. Vancouver needs depth in their system.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by abstract View Post
    In that mock, if Tkachuk falls to #7, I can see the Flyers attempting a move with their two 1st to get him. Vancouver needs depth in their system.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they move up to try and get Wahlstrom either....the kid can flat out score (except for the last second empty net he missed in the U18 game).

Seasoned Veteran
    Think Ronald is more likely to move down. Lot will depend on asking price obviously

Trade 19 (plus) for a late first and first next year?
    Pussy Galore

He got burnt last time he moved down. Bellows is a stud. Rubtsov cant even score in juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    Think Ronald is more likely to move down. Lot will depend on asking price obviously

Trade 19 (plus) for a late first and first next year?
    I think you're right that they likely have a better chance of moving down than moving up. I think he keeps the #14 and depending on who they nab there they may be willing to move down...I could see the Leafs looking to move up, possibly the Rangers. These picks are in a pretty good spot...of course you'd always want higher but learning more about the players and who will likely be available at 14 they should get a solid player. The more I see and read about Farabee he seems like a Hextall type of guy....I've heard some compare him to Parise

http://lastwordonhockeyprospects.com...outing-report/

One thing I just realized the other day is that Hextall has either traded or traded for a 1st rounder in his last 3 drafts so they definitely have specific players targeted and are willing to move up to get them or move down if they think the player will still be there.

https://www.tsn.ca/the-big-four-soli...king-1.1066345

this is a good article by Mackenzie where he polls the lottery GMs on their player rankings.

hockeywriters.com's prospect ranking...would be pretty sweet if the Flyers could get Farabee and Lundestrom in the 1st. Kotkaniemi's stock has risen up and is now driving some of the other guys that had previously been in the top 10 down a bit.

First Round

1) Rasmus Dahlin (LHD, Sweden, Frolunda SHL)
    2) Andrei Svechnikov (RW, Russia, Barrie OHL)
    3) Filip Zadina (LW, Czech Republic, Halifax QMJHL)
    4) Adam Boqvist (RHD, Sweden, Brynas J20)
    5) Quinn Hughes (LHD, USA, Michigan NCAA)
    6) Jesperi Kotkaniemi (LW/C, Finland, Assat)
    7) Brady Tkachuk (LW, USA, Boston University NCAA)
    8) Oliver Wahlstrom (RW, USA, NTDP U18)
    9) Evan Bouchard (RHD, Canada, London OHL)
    10) Noah Dobson (RHD, Canada, Acadie Bathurst QMJHL)
    11) Ty Smith (LHD, Canada, Spokane WHL)
    12) Ryan Merkley (RHD, Canada, Guelph OHL)
    13) Joe Veleno (C, Canada, Drummondville QMJHL)
    14) Barrett Hayton (C, Canada, Sault Ste. Marie OHL)

15) Joel Farabee (LW, USA, NTDP U18)
    16) Vitali Kravtsov (RW, Russia, Chelyabinsk KHL)
    17) Grigori Denisenko (LW, Russia, Loko Yaroslavl MHL)
    18) Rasmus Kupari (C, Finland, Karpat)
    19) Isac Lundestrom (C/LW, Sweden, Lulea SHL)
    20) Bode Wilde (RHD, USA/Canada, NTDP U18)
    21) K’Andre Miller (LHD, USA, NTDP U18)
    22) Nils Lundkvist (RHD, Sweden, Lulea SHL)
    23) Martin Kaut (RW, Czech Republic, Pardubice)
    24) Dominik Bokk (RW, Germany, Vaxjo J20)
    25) Jonatan Berggren (C/W, Sweden, Skelleftea J20)
    26) Jacob Olofsson (C, Sweden, Timra)
    27) Ryan McLeod (C/LW, Canada, Mississauga OHL)
    28) Serron Noel (RW, Canada, Oshawa OHL)
    29) Rasmus Sandin (LHD, Sweden, Sault Ste. Marie OHL)
    30) Mattias Samuelsson (LHD, USA/Sweden, NTDP U18)
    31) Jonny Tychonick (LHD, Canada, Penticton BCHL)