Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
2018 Draft Prospects - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Draft Prospects

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    ya, I think there's a good chance that they select a dman with one of their 2 1st rounders for that reason. Also, it's a very good draft for dmen especially where they will be drafting.
    Having said that, if the option to trade up for Tkachuk presents itself, they should take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by abstract View Post
    Having said that, if the option to trade up for Tkachuk presents itself, they should take it.
    This. I want them to move up and take a stud. They need difference makers. They have plenty of depth on the way forward wise. Could use a RH D or two later on. Could always use another goalie until they hit.

Quote Originally Posted by abstract View Post
    ya, but it will likely be VERY expensive as he'll very likely go top 5. It's tough to move up a few spots...moving 10 spots at the top of the draft is a tall task. doesn't really happen very often. He would definitely be the perfect player and the guy I'd like to have the most (outside of Dahlin) but I don't hold out much hope. The Rangers might be in a good spot for such a move sitting at 8th and having 2 late 1sts. Still, seeing how his brother is doing in the NHL I think one of those top teams will love landing a player like him as he's a rare combo in this age of the NHL.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Poulin228 View Post
    Yeah but I don’t know if moving Voracek for picks would be as bad an idea with his enormous contract and dumb play.
    need nhl ready players who can step in if they move him, as peeps have said time to move fwd. By keeping or trading jake i think you can do that.

noah dobson is a stud
    Pussy Galore

Would we have traded our #2 pick for two picks in the top 15? NHL teams rarely trade quality for quantity. The idea of packaging the two together to get into the elite names is a homer perception. At 'best', Hextall is likely to use one of the picks to trade back a few slots and pick up some additional lower round picks to offset the Mrazek trade or to throw in a few more balls in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.halloween View Post
    If Ty Smith or Evan Bouchard are there Hextall better take one of them. I don't care that we have 832 defensemen in the system. Half of them will bust anyway.
    Great point. So many of our draft picks, especially at defence, are busting. Jesper Pettersson has ruined everything.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    Would we have traded our #2 pick for two picks in the top 15? NHL teams rarely trade quality for quantity. The idea of packaging the two together to get into the elite names is a homer perception. At 'best', Hextall is likely to use one of the picks to trade back a few slots and pick up some additional lower round picks to offset the Mrazek trade or to throw in a few more balls in the lottery.
    The Canadians may be a prime trade down candidate...they desperately need defense and there will be good defenders at both the Flyers mid 1st round picks. Montreal has 4 2nd round picks (#35, 38, 56 and 59)...would the Flyers move down 16 spots for 3 2nds? Could be a great gamble and stock their farm for years to come....

Rangers are also a good candidate as they have the 26 and 30th in the 1st round and 39th and 48th in the 2nd.

I would have no problem trading Simmonds for a 1st and role player and then using all 3 1st rounders to take Tkachuk.

It's time we get real talent in the draft. But Hextall will never do that...simply doesn't have the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post
    I would have no problem trading Simmonds for a 1st and role player and then using all 3 1st rounders to take Tkachuk.

It's time we get real talent in the draft. But Hextall will never do that...simply doesn't have the balls.
    I don't understand this sentiment and it's patently false...the last 3 drafts Hextall is the only GM in the NHL to make a move in the 1st round in each draft. He moved up for Konecny and was reportedly looking to move up to make sure they got Provorov, he moved back and took Rubtsov in 2016, in 2017 he made a hugely controversial trade moving Schenn to get Frost and a 1st this year. He also traded a boatload last year to move up to acquire Ratcliffe. Hextall clearly targets specific players and isn't afraid to make moves for those particular players if it makes sense...moreso than any GM in the NHL.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post

i dont trade 3 1st for tkachuk imo
    Pussy Galore