Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    Only one change:

Neal-Patrick-Harris

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    Only one change:

Neal-Patrick-Harris
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Start around 11M per for Tavares. Cap will be going up. He's gonna get paid.
    “We don’t rebuild, we retool.”- Ed Snider

"Peter Forsbag"- Ed Snider

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    They may sign a backup goalie, and move one of Manning or Gudas, otherwise the 25 year plan will remain on course for a cup opportunity in 2039.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    They may sign a backup goalie, and move one of Manning or Gudas, otherwise the 25 year plan will remain on course for a cup opportunity in 2039.
    While I completely understand the skepticism, they “could” easily jettison a few players this offseason and bring up kids with the same/better talent (higher upside) and fit a high priced player in..... I’m usually an optimistic fellow but not in this case
    Danny Briere:
    I’ve been extremely lucky, I am doing what I love to do, and playing in a series every hockey player dreams of. I wanted to share this moment, not only with my friends and family, but with a few kids that are in a need of a reason to smile!

Quote Originally Posted by jsp92 View Post
    I'd take a look at Bernier from Colorado as well. Has looked decent in this series, is better than anything we have, is a UFA, and will be cheaper than Holtby.
    Not a bad idea but Hextall already passed on him once so who knows.

I don't expect much other than (gradual) promotion from within. Maybe deprive Haktard of some of his faves like Manning as the passive aggressive battle between GM and coach continues.

You think they're battling. I think they're in perfect alignment.
    What gives you that impression, I'm curious.

Situations like him not playing Sanheim after Hextall has repeatedly said young players need to play. Reading between the lines of what he said, he seemed a little frustrated with the 9 game in a row scratching and finally sent him down.

Sending Read down so he couldn't play him is another example. As soon as he is up, poof, lineup mainstay. Mind you it can be argued that the PK needed him but it is still an example of some distance/tension between the two.

For a guy who was supposed to be good with the kids Haktard sure likes his steady vets like Manning, Lehtera and Read.

Then again that tension is not uncommon between coach and GM. The coach needs to go with the guys he trusts and all coaches have their favs but this coach takes it to extremes. Lindblom can't play on the bottom 6? Hagg cannot contribute at all? With the massively awesome chemistry between Manning and Gudas used as the excuse, lol. Konecny is not allowed to score goals on the top line anymore for a team that desperately needs offense? Not sure the GM is thrilled with that decision in particular. That's pretty much the only chance they have to outscore the pens and the coach has negated it. Time will tell though if he isn't pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Situations like him not playing Sanheim after Hextall has repeatedly said young players need to play. Reading between the lines of what he said, he seemed a little frustrated with the 9 game in a row scratching and finally sent him down.

Sending Read down so he couldn't play him is another example. As soon as he is up, poof, lineup mainstay. Mind you it can be argued that the PK needed him but it is still an example of some distance/tension between the two.

For a guy who was supposed to be good with the kids Haktard sure likes his steady vets like Manning, Lehtera and Read.

Then again that tension is not uncommon between coach and GM. The coach needs to go with the guys he trusts and all coaches have their favs but this coach takes it to extremes. Lindblom can't play on the bottom 6? Hagg cannot contribute at all? With the massively awesome chemistry between Manning and Gudas used as the excuse, lol. Konecny is not allowed to score goals on the top line anymore for a team that desperately needs offense? Not sure the GM is thrilled with that decision in particular. That's pretty much the only chance they have to outscore the pens and the coach has negated it. Time will tell though if he isn't pleased.
    I think if Hextall wanted Manning or Gudas out of the lineup they'd be out. I think they are on the same page lock stock and barrel.
    I just think neither are very good at what they do.
    Hextall is too conservative and Hakstol had the reputation of playing his upperclassmen over younger players, so I'm not sure where the idea that hes good with development came from, must just be because he coached in college.
    I think if Hextall didnt agree with all the things you said Hakstol would've been gone already.
    I'll say this, I highly doubt Hakstol coaches again in the nhl, he'll head back to his comfort zone and where hes qualified, the ncaa's.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    1) Flyers 1st + dale weise to the caps for Holtby + orpik +6th

I include orpik to entice the caps to move holtby. That's just the base to start. Can tweak. Holtby is the perfect guy to bring in at this time.

2) Neivirth + 6th to calgary for a 7th. Flames need a back up. If not trade can develop for Neivirth I buy him out as very small cap hit. They need to move on from him period.

3) Ronald is going to have to bite the bullet and include a nice sweetener to move out Lehtera. He has the ammo to do just that. The question I have is will he? I honestly believe he thinks he can help the team; despite being overpaid.

4) Simmonds - its been beaten to death. I am in the camp to move him. There is no way he signs a nice friendly deal nor should he. If they dont move him over the summer then its unlikely they move him at all imo unless come the trade deadline completely out of it.

5) JT - Ronald absolutely should be in on this 100%. He is the kind of free agent you add to a team like this, he is in and entering his prime. Not a washed up guy getting paid for past performance.

EDIT:

6) move Gudas. If ronald wants to that can easily be done. Same with Raffle, if he chooses.

lets have a good discussion as JKAY is in a good mood today and wants some rational hockey talk
    IF you can move a Dale Weiss why worry about Lehtera? His buyout would be less of an issue than Neuvirth or he can be LV'ed and save <$1 million on the cap.

Or swap the two moves ... ship out Lehtera with a pick and stash Weiss.

How many years does Holtby have left on his deal?

Right with you on JT ... all in get it done and moving out Simmonds.