Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Potential Moves

Seasoned Veteran

Off Season Potential Moves

1) Flyers 1st + dale weise to the caps for Holtby + orpik +6th

I include orpik to entice the caps to move holtby. That's just the base to start. Can tweak. Holtby is the perfect guy to bring in at this time.

2) Neivirth + 6th to calgary for a 7th. Flames need a back up. If not trade can develop for Neivirth I buy him out as very small cap hit. They need to move on from him period.

3) Ronald is going to have to bite the bullet and include a nice sweetener to move out Lehtera. He has the ammo to do just that. The question I have is will he? I honestly believe he thinks he can help the team; despite being overpaid.

4) Simmonds - its been beaten to death. I am in the camp to move him. There is no way he signs a nice friendly deal nor should he. If they dont move him over the summer then its unlikely they move him at all imo unless come the trade deadline completely out of it.

5) JT - Ronald absolutely should be in on this 100%. He is the kind of free agent you add to a team like this, he is in and entering his prime. Not a washed up guy getting paid for past performance.

EDIT:

6) move Gudas. If ronald wants to that can easily be done. Same with Raffle, if he chooses.

lets have a good discussion as JKAY is in a good mood today and wants some rational hockey talk
    Last edited by Jkay; 04-17-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    Pussy Galore

Do not want anything to do with Holtby. He's mentally weak and seems to always choke in the playoffs.

So he is a younger version of Elliot then?

I brought up the idea of Holtby and seems like the best possible solution before Hart. I think Hart models his game after him.

I'm not against Holtby but not interested in taking another salary dump especially if he's going to block a Morin/Myers/Hagg.

I agree Simmonds should be dealt.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I'm not against Holtby but not interested in taking another salary dump especially if he's going to block a Morin/Myers/Hagg.

I agree Simmonds should be dealt.
    taking on orpik is predicated on dumping some salary elsewhere. I can tolerate him for one year on the bottom pair to help the young guys along. Dont see Myers next year until mid year at best imo. Morin? who the hell knows. Hasnt won a spot yet.
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    taking on orpik is predicated on dumping some salary elsewhere. I can tolerate him for one year on the bottom pair to help the young guys along. Dont see Myers next year until mid year at best imo. Morin? who the hell knows. Hasnt won a spot yet.
    next year Morin is either on the team or he's gone....he'll have to pass thru waivers (which he won't). I'd have no interest on taking on another anchor like Orpik...they have Gudas/Manning/AMac...I want Hagg to get more time as well as Morin.

Trade Jake, sign Tavares.

Jake is at a "sell high" point having had a career year, and he is certainly prone to follow up a good year with a poor one. He's also a bum everywhere else on the ice.
    Couldn't care less

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Neuvirth and a 6th for a 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

I think you have to hold on to voracek. Honestly the team needs to hold on to talent and add. Not get rid of it. No, he isn't a perfect player, but he does produce on the scoresheet and the team needs that.

Voracek has failed to produce at a .74 or above points per game clip exactly zero times since 2011-2012. He's not a batman, he's a Robin.

I would not have a problem with

With Giroux and Tavaras on line 1 and Voracek and Couturier on Line 2.
    Last edited by FLiP; 04-17-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

While I would really like to get John Tavares, how much do you think he will command??? Keep in mind we have a ton of cap space if we jettison the spare parts but we also have some talented kids that will need to be compensated handsomely in next 3-4 years.

If the Flyers can afford him long term with out sacrificing some of the future , than I'm all for it.

All that being said, i see him re-upping with the Islanders....
    Danny Briere:
    I’ve been extremely lucky, I am doing what I love to do, and playing in a series every hockey player dreams of. I wanted to share this moment, not only with my friends and family, but with a few kids that are in a need of a reason to smile!