Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drew Doughty's Next Contract

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post

the real question would be where Drew wants to play because he can name his price and the place he wants to play...guys like him don't become FA's...
    It is going to be hard to pry him away from legal weed and Hermosa Beach. Maybe Toronto. But that's about it.

Yeah, I am sure he'd have trouble finding a connect somewhere else in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Poulin228 View Post
    Drew Doughty makes $7.6 now so doubtfull he comes in at 7. He will likely get 10-10.5. Provorov can be sign for a Seth Jones like extension in the $5-6 mil 5-6 year range.

A trade would be something like 2 A assets (1r rd pick play top prospect) and 1-2 B assets. I would think LA would want a young NHL player to sell their fans. I would do 1st, Ghost, and Rubtsov. If they want another B asset like NAK or Voroybov to get the deal done, I would throw that in too.

If Doughty becomes available, the Flyers should get him. He makes the team a contender next year. You might lose some depth guys down the line but you won’t have to wait another 2-3 years to contend.
    He plays goalie AND defense?

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mammothflyer View Post
    It is going to be hard to pry him away from legal weed and Hermosa Beach. Maybe Toronto. But that's about it.
    Yes because LA has ALWAYS been the go-to destination for any NHL free agent.

They sign every single one. No competition whatsoever.

It's all about the weed though agentj. He will make his career choices based on weed.

This board is loaded with hot takes today.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    He plays goalie AND defense?
    Yes the Flyers goaltending is closer to hot garbage than actual competency but you are talking having two exceptional defensemen being able to play 20+ minutes a night. With old Pronger and old Timonen, the Flyers almost won a cup with Leighton who is light years worse than either goalie the Flyers have now.

Would Doughty get the same type of deal Weber got from Nashville? I think Weber was younger than Doughty would be. I think they are fair Comps, no?

You mean the contract Shea Weber signed with us ?

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    Yes because LA has ALWAYS been the go-to destination for any NHL free agent.

They sign every single one. No competition whatsoever.
    He started his career there. He lives on the beach, can wear shorts year round, and is treated like a super hero. The practice rink is 15 minutes away. He is a huge pot head and loves the organization. Why go anywhere else? He has money and two Stanley Cups. The only reason to leave would be to go home closer to family. These are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by mammothflyer View Post
    He started his career there. He lives on the beach, can wear shorts year round, and is treated like a super hero. The practice rink is 15 minutes away. He is a huge pot head and loves the organization. Why go anywhere else? He has money and two Stanley Cups. The only reason to leave would be to go home closer to family. These are facts.
    I was in LA 2 weekends ago for the first time and all I can say is if I were rich, I would absolutely live there. It was a quick stop so I didn't see a lot, but I could totally get used to that weather year round! Going from that to Toronto, yeah I wouldn't be interested lol.