Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Drew Doughty's Next Contract
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drew Doughty's Next Contract

Drew Doughty's Next Contract

He is scheduled to be a UFA in 2019-2020, which means LA will likely need to decide whether to re-sign him during this coming off season or attempt to trade him for a King's ransom.

Ivan Provorov becomes a RFA that same season - Not that they are related in any way, but one will be 22 and the other will be 30.

I pose to you 3 questions.

What does a 30 year old Doughty contract look like?

What does a trade of Doughty, let's say at this year's draft or at next year's deadline look like?

What does a 20 yearold RFA Provorov contract look like?
    Last edited by FLiP; 02-14-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Provorov looks like he could have two big contracts - a 5 year deal for more than Gostisbehere's to take him into UFA and then an 8 to 10 year deal closer to $8M per year.

I think that Doughty gets at least a 6 year deal and more likely an 8 year deal. Terms around $7M a year, possibly more.

Doughty's trade would depend on his willingness to sign a new deal, but it would probably be at least two 1st and a young, controlable NHL caliber player.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Not sure about the numbers, but Doughty and Karlsson have already talked and plan on resetting the standard for defensive salaries.

Essentially, they’re not going to be paid less than $10MM.

You can bridge Provorov on the cheap— but if he continues to develop (which he should), you’re looking at him needing another contract around 23-24. At that point, it’ll PROBABLY cost you in the ballpark of $10MM for Provorov and you’ll have him until he’s 31-32.
    If you skip the bridge deal, you’re looking at him being a FA at 29-30 (just like Doughty and Karlsson). If you can extend Provorov prior to Doughty and Karlsson getting new contracts and resetting the market, you’re hopefully able to get him in the ballpark of $7MM.

No idea how it’ll work out, but I’d take my shot at signing him to a max contract ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post

What does a trade of Doughty, let's say at this year's draft or at next year's deadline look like?

Doughty:7 mil for the max in LA or If he hits the market,7 mil for the 7 years that a team can sign him for.
    Trade wise,If you can get him to agree to terms(If traded to a team he wants to play for.Hopefully the Flyers),I listen to the 2 #1's and possibly Gostisbehere.

Provorov:He gets a 5 year 25 million deal to get him to UFA.What happens after that is anyones guess.He'll get more than Gostibehere did,Theres no doubt about that.

Drew Doughty makes $7.6 now so doubtfull he comes in at 7. He will likely get 10-10.5. Provorov can be sign for a Seth Jones like extension in the $5-6 mil 5-6 year range.

A trade would be something like 2 A assets (1r rd pick play top prospect) and 1-2 B assets. I would think LA would want a young NHL player to sell their fans. I would do 1st, Ghost, and Rubtsov. If they want another B asset like NAK or Voroybov to get the deal done, I would throw that in too.

If Doughty becomes available, the Flyers should get him. He makes the team a contender next year. You might lose some depth guys down the line but you won’t have to wait another 2-3 years to contend.

Seasoned Veteran
    I roll the dice and give the rushkie max term. Money well that’s the tricky part. Does 6 mill per get it done? He logs huge minutes and that won’t change. So him being a free agent at 29/30 isn’t a big concern to me
    Pussy Galore

Seasoned Veteran
    I roll the dice and give the rushkie max term. Money well that’s the tricky part. Does 6 mill per get it done? He logs huge minutes and that won’t change. So him being a free agent at 29/30 isn’t a big concern to me
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Poulin228 View Post
    Drew Doughty makes $7.6 now so doubtfull he comes in at 7. He will likely get 10-10.5. Provorov can be sign for a Seth Jones like extension in the $5-6 mil 5-6 year range.

A trade would be something like 2 A assets (1r rd pick play top prospect) and 1-2 B assets. I would think LA would want a young NHL player to sell their fans. I would do 1st, Ghost, and Rubtsov. If they want another B asset like NAK or Voroybov to get the deal done, I would throw that in too.

If Doughty becomes available, the Flyers should get him. He makes the team a contender next year. You might lose some depth guys down the line but you won’t have to wait another 2-3 years to contend.
    I was just going to write what you just wrote with respect to Seth Jones...I think he's a very good comp...Provorov will be signed 2 years after Jones so there will be some inflation but I think $6ish will get it done. 7 years for $6 mill per sounds about right.

the real question would be where Drew wants to play because he can name his price and the place he wants to play...guys like him don't become FA's...

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    He is scheduled to be a UFA in 2019-2020, which means LA will likely need to decide whether to re-sign him during this coming off season or attempt to trade him for a King's ransom.

Ivan Provorov becomes a RFA that same season - Not that they are related in any way, but one will be 22 and the other will be 30.

Doughty will get an annual average of $10-$12M (not sure how many years LA will want to commit at that salary)
    Provorov I'm guessing $4-$5M on a 3 year deal.

No way prov gets a 3 yr deal. They'll lock him up long term.