Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brian Elliott out 5-6 weeks with injury

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro14 View Post
    Dumb question but is Stolarz even close to coming back? I don’t think I can watch Alex Lyon again, dude is terrible.
    Maybe some point in March if everything goes well is what Meltzer reported hextall said.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    How much is the team tho? There aren't many options out there for cheap.
    Well, Johnson is 3.54 GAA and .886 SV%, and Lehner is 2.90 GAA and .910 SV%, so Johnson's struggles are more than just the team. Those are big differences.

If Buffalo wants too much for Lehner, they could roll the dice on Mrazek and hope he gets hot. He can probably be had very cheaply because it's unlikely Detroit will even qualify him as an RFA after the season. But he's a bad goal machine (to that extent, he'd fill the skates of Elliott quite nicely).
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Well, Johnson is 3.54 GAA and .886 SV%, and Lehner is 2.90 GAA and .910 SV%, so Johnson's struggles are more than just the team. Those are big differences.

If Buffalo wants too much for Lehner, they could roll the dice on Mrazek and hope he gets hot. He can probably be had very cheaply because it's unlikely Detroit will even qualify him as an RFA after the season. But he's a bad goal machine (to that extent, he'd fill the skates of Elliott quite nicely).
    Fair enough. They need somebody and I don't want them to overpay for a few weeks of increased depth. I want the playoffs but there is the bigger picture too and this season isnt it.

Seasoned Veteran
    Ronald needs to step up. Jimmy Howard? Cam ward? Just throwing names out. Anderson
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    Ronald needs to step up. Jimmy Howard? Cam ward? Just throwing names out. Anderson
    The answer is whoever is cheapest. I think he waits out the market to the bitter end unless Neuvirth shits the bed or breaks in half.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    The answer is whoever is cheapest. I think he waits out the market to the bitter end unless Neuvirth shits the bed or breaks in half.
    I hope he does and it cost him more
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    Here is your answer: Chicago Blackhawks goalie Jeff Glass was also placed on waivers
    https://www.tsn.ca/sens-place-didome...ivers-1.999080.

I said it before but I'd absolutely love to get Anderson and Hoffman from Ottawa.

Anderson is under contract for two full seasons after this and he and Hoffman carry about a combined 10 million cap hit and it might seem like a lot now buy with fillpulla and eventually McDonald and Read and Raffl etc dropping off we can afford it.

We get a good quality reliable goalie until Hart is ready. Sure is better than Hart learning how to get the flu from Neuvirth.

Hoffman is a LW scorer under a muli year deal. Exactly the type of player Ronald says can help now and in the future. Do it Hextall.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    Here is your answer: Chicago Blackhawks goalie Jeff Glass was also placed on waivers
    https://www.tsn.ca/sens-place-didome...ivers-1.999080.
    Hm. Might as well just go with Tokarski if you're going to claim Glass; he seems pretty much the same caliber.
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black View Post
    Injured
    Thought I heard something about that a while back. Thanks.

The Flyers need a goalie. The Flyers have a massive amount of picks and prospects piled up to get one. Eventually there is not going to be enough room organizationally to keep all of these guys anyway.
    I feel like every year, solid goalies are traded for not very much. Would be refreshing to see Hextall make some decent deals, it feels like it's been a loooong time since he has.