Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GDT - Flyers vs. Devils 2/13

Sometimes the coach can cost you a game. He did tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyersFanSinceBirth View Post
    Just because I think Neuvirth is better than Elliott, & the Flyers are better off with him getting more games & being forced to trade for another goalie, doesn’t mean I love Neuvirth or can’t see when he has a bad game.

He was the biggest reason they lost tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

When Neuvirth's played he's been terrible, not to mention he hasn't been able to stay healthy his entire career.

Neuvirth hasn't been better than Elliott, at least not this season...........and it's not even close.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    When Neuvirth's played he's been terrible, not to mention he hasn't been able to stay healthy his entire career.

Neuvirth hasn't been better than Elliott, at least not this season...........and it's not even close.
    This season:
    Neuvirth .915 SV%, 2.58 GAA
    Elliott .908, 2.72

The stats would suggest Neuvirth has been better, or at the very least it’s a lot tighter than Elliott “and it’s not even close.”

Neither has been great. Both have had awful games, such as Elliott last Saturday & Neuvirth last night, for the most recent examples. But Elliott seems to give up horrendous goals every single game, whereas I think Neuvirth has a higher percentage of games where he’s “on” this season.

I was wrong on the stats, though IMO Elliott has played much better recently than Neuvirth.

It's a moot point anyway, as Neuvirth has yet to show he can play 5 games in a row without getting hurt.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    I was wrong on the stats, though IMO Elliott has played much better recently than Neuvirth.

It's a moot point anyway, as Neuvirth has yet to show he can play 5 games in a row without getting hurt.
    I don't know about that. Elliott only had one good game from the time he came of the IR to the time he got hurt again. That was his first game back, which was one of his best games of the season. He fought the puck a lot his 2nd game back and gave up 3 on 28 shots, but they won, and then he was flat-out terrible in his 3rd game, which ended with him getting hurt in the shootout and Neuvirth saving their bacon. Neuvirth then played well the next game against Vegas, until playing poorly last night against NJ.

But I of course agree with you regarding Neuvirth's lack of reliability. I think he's better than Elliott and is more capable of stealing a game, but his lack of reliability is maddening. They've got to get another goalie.