Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
If Couturier keeps current pace - he could move up to 6th in his draft class in scoring. this year.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Couturier keeps current pace - he could move up to 6th in his draft class in scoring. this year.

If Couturier keeps current pace - he could move up to 6th in his draft class in scoring. this year.

Pretty remarkable turn around.

He's sitting behind Palat - 248 Points
    Huberdeau - 249 points
    Saad - 256 points

Granted - Couturier has played over 100 more games then Palat and Huberdeau, but who is to say his scoring Renaissance my not have happened more quickly in the NHL had he played more scoring minutes in the AHL for a season, season and a half.

You know what debate is clearly over though? Sorry DS8, but I wouldn't trade Couturier for Dougie Hamilton and a first at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

I hope he can keep this up. We don't need him to be PPG player but if he can put up 60+ points consistently year in and year out that would be Yuge.

There are only three players in that draft that I would consider taking over him right now ... Landeskog, Kutcherov and Scheifele. Many, including me, thougth Scheifele was a reach and Kutcherov is one of those needle in a hay stay picks considering he was a late 2nd rounder.

As I have said, good to see, but let’s not forget Raffl and Read during their “comeout” years.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    I hope he can keep this up. We don't need him to be PPG player but if he can put up 60+ points consistently year in and year out that would be Yuge.

There are only three players in that draft that I would consider taking over him right now ... Landeskog, Kutcherov and Scheifele. Many, including me, thougth Scheifele was a reach and Kutcherov is one of those needle in a hay stay picks considering he was a late 2nd rounder.
    I think he has passed Landeskog. Kucherov is a top 10 player in the league. Scheifele is fantastic & Huberdeau is really good, too, but Couturier is right there with those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Couturier, at least this season has firmly played himself into a top 20-30 forward in the league. Which is solid first line status. Which at age 25 and being drafted where he was is pretty much all you could ever ask for. He's always going to be a robin, and not a batman - but guess what. Both are needed to build a great team.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    But But But FLiP always has anti-Couturier agenda!
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    No that would be
    D ip
    S hit
    #

Couturier, at least this season has firmly played himself into a top 20-30 forward in the league. Which is solid first line status. Which at age 25 and being drafted where he was is pretty much all you could ever ask for. He's always going to be a robin, and not a batman - but guess what. Both are needed to build a great team.
    I applaud Flip for changing his old view of Couturier & seeing the facts for what they are!

I call things like I see them all of the time. Couturier was a bum until this year.

I call things like I see them all of the time. Couturier was a bum until this year.
    Hardly........